1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Good review, but I disagree with him that LSD is better on the track. I am amazed at how natural TVD feels, It helps both slow speed maneuverability and steering response/nose authority under braking and acceleration during cornering at high speeds.

Lexus was clearly focused on max weight reduction while saying they wanted driver to be in full control over the balance so they opted for mechanical Torsen LSD, but I reckon a TVD on the track edition would have made it even sharper.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Another new one

The updates look great. Wish I could get that color matched chin spoiler.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
My thoughts are with some Michelin Pilot Sport Cups and RS-R suspension how much better it could be. I just wish it had the LC transmission.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
My thoughts are with some Michelin Pilot Sport Cups and RS-R suspension how much better it could be. I just wish it had the LC transmission.

I guess, my argument was within the confines of streetability (since Lexus never makes an all-out track product). In theory, Cup 2 alone would have made TE very closely matched to an M4 CS as it promises a 3% improvement over standard tires. Even the PS4S extra load I put on was a big improvement over the stock Pilot Super Sport. Cup 2 are not friendly for street driving. Cup 2 tires tramline a lot on the roads.

Though, I feel RCF is already quite stiff over less than perfect roads (TE AVS rebound is even stiffer than a standard RCF). The streetability/comfort of a more aggressive true coilover setup would be questionable. Goes back to, RCF is not supposed to be an all-out track car in any trim.

A standard RCF becomes a handling monster with an aggressive coilover and sticky tire setup. With just suspension modifications, it did a 1:03 around tight/slows speed handling circuit like Tsukuba, which matches some stock supercars. This is an LSD RCF with carbon bits on it.

Last edited:

TurboLag

Fan
Reactions
There is a Lexus RC F competing in Japan Shinshiro rally , its cool seeing the RC F going against the tiny hatchbacks in these narrow roads
the car appears @ 21:50 & 1:20:15.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
There is a Lexus RC F competing in Japan Shinshiro rally , its cool seeing the RC F going against the tiny hatchbacks in these narrow roads
the car appears @ 21:50 & 1:20:15.

Good find. Yes, I have seen videos of it including from the cabin. What is very interesting is, I read it is a 2015 (early model when TVD was available as a stand-alone option) converted to a 2020 RCF TE. It has been competing every year for the last several years. It has a TVD though (you can see the button in one of the clips). The roof is painted black, but I don't think it is CF.

Here is some information I posted on a different forum about this:

RD.2 Shinshiro rally
SS6 Onikubo JN2 class second time
Driver Hirotoshi Ishii
Co-driver Masahiro Terada
Vehicle LEXUS RC F CUSCO Mobil 1 DL RC F
Suspension CUSCO
SPORT TN_R Tire DUNLOP 94R w01
Brake pad WINMAX
Muffler FUJITSUBO

Before:

After:

1617319740119.png

1617319758132.png

1617319785782.png

1617319799567.png

1617319823106.png

1617319845827.png

1617320022631.png

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Cannot understand the complaints 'it is too stiff'. Those seem like terrible roads in Ontario. I would not want to drive my regular RCF on those type of roads as it would make my teeth chatter. Drive the car on proper snooth roads. The TE seems to be bouncing in protest.

Luckily, we have decent roads here so it is quite comfortable for the most part.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions

Great review. He gets almost everything right in this review. The 0-60 mph without launch control in 4 seconds is good. Though, he did not get why Lexus did not name the IS500 an ISF. It sounds almost like RCF has become the equivalent of an F-sport in Lexus' product branding, which is not true. It is because engine/transmission alone does not make it like an RCF.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Another great review. Hs previous RCF TE review was great as well. I always enjoy watching his reviews

mikeavelli

Reactions
Well I’ve really fallen for the Track Edition/Fuji Speedway Edition. Now that I’ve driven them pretty extensively it has that soul and flavor sorely missing from many cars. I fail to understand how the media and internet fans love to give props to euro cars for their flaws yet bash anything from Lexus or USA with them.
It feels lighter on its feet, the brakes are amazing, the different interior touches are nice and the car’s exterior is just dope (to me).

After meeting with some Lexus executives, valet pulls the car up and says “I love what you did with the car”. I explained it’s stock and the guy was floored.

Then knowing there is only 50 or 60 of them just adds to the flavor.

So I gotta figure this out because I want one lol.
3C9CAE5F-DD20-4226-9E59-C2BE297F9289.jpeg

Attachments

• 70554D35-EC27-4BC1-8888-919E3C1E5F54.jpeg
    70554D35-EC27-4BC1-8888-919E3C1E5F54.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 9

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Cool comparison. RCF is 7+ year old design (even if it is a TE) so it held up decently. Funny, how RCF is the more edgy one while the M3 is the more easy to control. Still, matched it closely while getting all of the coolness points from them.

Last edited: