1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Compared to RC F Track Edition: $97k

I just built a C 63S Coupe as comparably equipped as possible and it came in at $84,700.

Just build an M4 Competition comparably equipped for $75,400.

giphy.gif

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
An RCF carbon fiber/TVD in the US with all options was $80,000 MSRP. So, the jump is really around $18,000 or so, but the carbon ceramic brakes alone cost $12,000 so I am not surprised at all.

Reactions
It’s a little pricey but I think it’s worth it. Limited edition. Probably one of the last few Na V8 engine cars coming out of Lexus in the next few years. I hope they offer it more color choices in the next model years. I would to see it offer in ultrasonic blue mica 2.0 or structural blue.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
oooh, way too expensive. The M4 Competition and the C 63S,are very nice and fun cars. why buy the RC F TE? reliability? lexus lover?

I bought an RCF Carbon/TVD over the other cars mainly because of the high-revving N/A V8 as it will no longer be available. Sounds is something I simply cannot compromise on. Also, the exterior, interior, exclusivity and durability/quality are other big factors. I put on a full cat back and easily it gets just around 500 HP because of the very restrictive stock exhaust. Based on how fast it gets to redline, it is definitely much quicker.

Last edited:
Reactions
RCF Track edition should be a Lexus Enthusiast's dream. Who cares about price, unless anybody here actually getting one? And at 100k, if you can afford it, you won't be asking that many questions.

Let's just enjoy the ride.

We're not saying it isn't any Lexus Enthusiast's dream (I'm still not sold on the Frankenstein platform but I can try to get over that bit), but more like Lexus needs to get their act together and start building the important cars that will allow them to get more recognition. Slap in the TTV8 in an LS, then make a LS F, introduce the LQ, LC C, LC F, new LX, new GX, new GS, RWD ES, RX and NX, make strong mid-tier trims for those cars and bring F models as well, bring back the IS F, no more of the stupid frankenstein RC platform and make the next RC based off the IS, RC C, and add a turbo to the UX. <-- Examples are right there. And those should have happened YESTERDAY. NOT 2-3 YEARS FROM NOW.

I realize how special this Track Edition is and I welcome it with open arms regardless of ANY flaws it could potentially have, but when you look at it in the grand scheme of things, its flaws begin to show. It's a bit pricey, now yes, the M4 GTS is so much more expensive than the regular M4, and the upgrades aren't even worth the cost. The Lexus is actually better than the M4 GTS in that regard. But Lexus' core competencies aren't to make things super expensive and while still a very good product, there could be some question marks. I'd rather get me a LC at this price point and snap everyones necks in either a Structural Blue, Flare Yellow or Rioja Red. Because the LC is just so damn good.

They need to go all on out in luxury and performance. Have that YET factor. Sporty yet luxurious. Luxurious yet capable. Stop making the interior of the ES less exciting than a Corolla Hatchback. Or brag that the ES has more rear legroom than the LS. If that doesn't scream retarded to you then I'm worried for the future of Lexus. They need to do better and this isn't enough. They're trying so hard to make a profit but all along the answer is right in their face. Now a certain someone in this forum asked for people (probably me in this case) to stop saying who Lexus should be like, but at this point I think you all know what they should be now.

I know some people in this community are either affiliated or know someone at Lexus. Will someone actually take these complaints to their face? Those guys need to face reality and hear what Lexus buyers want. Not what THEY THINK we would want. If they think for us and not consider us at all in the equation from now on, I'll happily move on with Mercedes-Benz and Porsche (and surprisingly but not fully there yet, BMW is starting to catch up in some regards) and I won't look back. It's so hard being a fan of Lexus sometimes......

Put it short and sweet, I'm genuinely getting fed up with this company.

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It's a limited edition car so they charge a big premium for the rarity factor. But it's not a very convincing car for its rarity. I would say it's limited production because they are not confident with sales so they don't lose face if sales figures don't look good.

I'll happily move on with Mercedes-Benz and Porsche (and surprisingly but not fully there yet, BMW are starting to catch up in some regards) and I won't look back.

Please do so, and I am not saying this with a negative tone. You should know very well that the way they do business makes them a very unlikable company. I like the brand because I am not a car enthusiast. I just care about electrics and hybrids that kind of stuff, things they are good at. I used to absolutely hate the brand for their open opposition to electrics, and only changed my stance after they changed the narrative.

I know it could be very painful to like this brand if you are a hardcore enthusiast. So why not jump ship and not let the company's way of business bother your life.

Reactions
It's a limited edition car so they charge a big premium for the rarity factor. But it's not a very convincing car for its rarity. I would say it's limited production because they are not confident with sales so they don't lose face if sales figures don't look good.

Please do so, and I am not saying this with a negative tone. You should know very well that the way they do business makes them a very unlikable company. I like the brand because I am not a car enthusiast. I just care about electrics and hybrids that kind of stuff, things they are good at. I used to absolutely hate the brand for their open opposition to electrics, and only changed my stance after they changed the narrative.

I know it could be very painful to like this brand if you are a hardcore enthusiast. So why not jump ship and not let the company's way of business bother your life.

I like your genuine honesty. But the reason why I grew to love Lexus vehicles is because I actually grew up with Toyotas my entire life. Lexus was a great brand to attract enthusiasts with their great products (being sporty or luxurious, both sides attracted customers because of how good they were at it). Me being the automotive and racing nut that I am, the TMC family was just great to experience. I was also in love with Lexus because I love reliable vehicles. Their reliability and their dependability gives one an opportunity to relax and enjoy driving without having to worry to drag it to the dealership or the shop. It's a reason why I dislike Land Rover Vehicles (Jaguar to a lesser extent), and have no respect for subpar brands. The only other reliable luxury brand in the world out there other than Lexus is Porsche, with Mercedes close behind them (BMW are in the ballpark as well with their inline-six and V12 engines). I will still stick around to see what they're going to announce. But if I see that they're going to sit on their hands for the next few years, I'll be disappointed but there are marques like Porsche where they are extremely reliable but offer a level of luxury and performance that is just right.

I am quite aware you are extremely into the electric vehicle trend and what goes on in China (they're adopting EVs more than anyone else). But I was taken by surprise how you said you aren't a car enthusiast by any means. But it makes sense because a lot of TMC customers want something with no thrills, no frills. I will bring up my view to all this electrification mess that manufacturers are rushing to, and that I strongly believe hybrids are the future and not EV's. I don't believe we are running out of oil and gas very soon like many people are mentioning. I do think conserving and taking care of the planet is a must but EVs seem to be a waste in terms of manufacturing, creates a bigger mess, has a shorter lifespan than hybrids and ICE engines, and pollute so much more than normal ICE and hybrid vehicles. If anything, I expect NA engines or simply ICE engines to stay for a long time still, as they're getting very economical and are becoming better performers each and every single day. However I do believe in a future with hybrids. The extremely long range is helpful, the performance from a hybrid is great, and it doesn't need an explanation, we have seen and know of many examples by now. And with more focus on developing better and batteries with greater range, and do it in a way that produces less pollution, along with a tried, true, and tested ICE engine, it just makes more sense. Our cars just don't pollute that much anymore, and even the ones that do, contribute to almost nothing in terms of the pollution we're producing (most of it coming from factories, waste, landfills, etc.).

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
I will bring up my view to all this electrification mess that manufacturers are rushing to, and that I strongly believe hybrids are the future and not EV's. I don't believe we are running out of oil and gas very soon like many people are mentioning. I do think conserving and taking care of the planet is a must but EVs seem to be a waste in terms of manufacturing, creates a bigger mess, has a shorter lifespan than hybrids and ICE engines, and pollute so much more than normal ICE and hybrid vehicles. If anything, I expect NA engines or simply ICE engines to stay for a long time still, as they're getting very economical and are becoming better performers each and every single day. However I do believe in a future with hybrids. The extremely long range is helpful, the performance from a hybrid is great, and it doesn't need an explanation, we have seen and know of many examples by now. And with more focus on developing better and batteries with greater range, and do it in a way that produces less pollution, along with a tried, true, and tested ICE engine, it just makes more sense. Our cars just don't pollute that much anymore, and even the ones that do, contribute to almost nothing in terms of the pollution we're producing (most of it coming from factories, waste, landfills, etc.).
I have to agree with this. I check daily InsideEV's content for interesting articles (hard to find 80% their content is bs and biased, sometimes articles and comment section are so biased it's like political extremists) and have learned that in some point we will achieve a society where transportation makes zero emission (read: moving yourself produces no emissions, making machine that moves you produce emissions). How far is it? I think 30-100 years. Also, in my opinion, BEV is not the way. FCV technology is far superior when you consider practicality. Hydrogen can be produced on site with no emissions, it takes no time to fuel a big truck and range is not affected by temperature.
But talk about EVs is useless in our time. There's no sense to make expensive cars for 1% and expect that everybody else would buy it. People like Elon Musk don't consider that there are people in the world that can't even afford the cheapest car in any manufacturers line-up. We should push for better ICE technology like downsizing turbo, start and stop, clean diesel and Skyactiv-X. As these technologies become mainstream, consumers in emerging markets like in India or Nigeria could buy entry level cars equipped with these technologies or import used from more developed countries.
Self-charging hybrid is great invention. I'm so proud of Toyota to bring it into the market. It cuts emissions by half compared to the best ICE engines (excluding Skyactic-X)! The best part is the Japanese philosophy behind it: make it for everyone. 75k Nissan GTR is way better than 200k Bugatti. They make cars for people. Toyota hybrids are really only eco cars that everyone in the first world could afford.
Future is bright since Toyota helped small Japanese manufacturers to bring hybrids to market. Also, Honda and Nissan are pushing Series hybrid to the global market. With these, I think we could see a 10% cut in emissions from cars in a couple of years in certain markets.
But in the end, we should focus on cutting emissions from freight and industry. Think this: there has been talking in Finland to forbid ICE cars in 2030, but in reality, cars account around 19% emission whilst single SSAB steel factory accounts for 10%. By 2030 emissions from cars could be less than half from now simply because of the adaptation of more efficient technologies.

Reactions
I appreciate @F1 Silver Arrows , @ssun30 , @flexus your candid respectful exchange of opinions! You help make our site exceptional!

Awe thank you. People like you, @Gecko and @Carmaker1 continue to remind me why this site is so special. If I do ever leave Lexus, but I will never leave this community.

P.S: If I haven't mentioned others, don't take it to heart, just saying that these three are big examples that deserve recognition. Overall the whole community make this forum extremely special.

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I like your genuine honesty. But the reason why I grew to love Lexus vehicles is because I actually grew up with Toyotas my entire life. Lexus was a great brand to attract enthusiasts with their great products (being sporty or luxurious, both sides attracted customers because of how good they were at it). Me being the automotive and racing nut that I am, the TMC family was just great to experience. I was also in love with Lexus because I love reliable vehicles. Their reliability and their dependability gives one an opportunity to relax and enjoy driving without having to worry to drag it to the dealership or the shop. It's a reason why I dislike Land Rover Vehicles (Jaguar to a lesser extent), and have no respect for subpar brands. The only other reliable luxury brand in the world out there other than Lexus is Porsche, with Mercedes close behind them (BMW are in the ballpark as well with their inline-six and V12 engines). I will still stick around to see what they're going to announce. But if I see that they're going to sit on their hands for the next few years, I'll be disappointed but there are marques like Porsche where they are extremely reliable but offer a level of luxury and performance that is just right.

I am quite aware you are extremely into the electric vehicle trend and what goes on in China (they're adopting EVs more than anyone else). But I was taken by surprise how you said you aren't a car enthusiast by any means. But it makes sense because a lot of TMC customers want something with no thrills, no frills. I will bring up my view to all this electrification mess that manufacturers are rushing to, and that I strongly believe hybrids are the future and not EV's. I don't believe we are running out of oil and gas very soon like many people are mentioning. I do think conserving and taking care of the planet is a must but EVs seem to be a waste in terms of manufacturing, creates a bigger mess, has a shorter lifespan than hybrids and ICE engines, and pollute so much more than normal ICE and hybrid vehicles. If anything, I expect NA engines or simply ICE engines to stay for a long time still, as they're getting very economical and are becoming better performers each and every single day. However I do believe in a future with hybrids. The extremely long range is helpful, the performance from a hybrid is great, and it doesn't need an explanation, we have seen and know of many examples by now. And with more focus on developing better and batteries with greater range, and do it in a way that produces less pollution, along with a tried, true, and tested ICE engine, it just makes more sense. Our cars just don't pollute that much anymore, and even the ones that do, contribute to almost nothing in terms of the pollution we're producing (most of it coming from factories, waste, landfills, etc.).

I am pretty sure @ssun30 is by our standards a car enthusiast :)

As to MB, at least in Europe, latest gen is again bottom of the barrel reliability, I think C class finished last in this years UK survey on dependability with biggest number of serious issues that prevented car to be started.

As to the EVs, they are coming because governments around the world are investing billions in subsidizing them... so cost is being reduced significantly together with large subsidies that reduce that price, so for instance 530e ends up being similar or same or lower price than 530d, despite costing a lot more to produce.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@F1 Silver Arrows
praise, you nailed it, Toyota and Lexus want a recognition without working for it !

Lexus missed a complete lineup
Only LS / ES where's the IS / the rumoured 4 door coupe GS / the LQ / GQ aka 7 / 5 seaters

The LX / GX BOF lineup

Even the RX / NX are based on ancient dinosaurs wheelbase

Next RC with no Frankenstein comprising

LCF
LCC
LCCF
GS-F next generation
ISF based on new one
RCF based on new one
RCC based on new one
RCCF based on new one
LQF
GQF

And for Toyota really a lot a lot

Reactions
^^ Yessir. Though let's be honest, this talk was relevant because this is how so many non-LEs think when they see this car.

But yeah, back on track. Heh. I just realized I made a pun.

Reactions: RAL