1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Agreed. Was disappointed in the 472 HP (considering a standard RCF in Asia/Europe makes 471 HP already), but they made improvements in other areas I did not expect (shorter gearing, launch control and more weight loss than I thought they would be able to).

Now imagine if they did take away the backseats, and gave it way lighter seats?

Another 150 lbs less? Lexus killed it with this car. I'm so proud of them. However I did expect more power ngl.

Reactions
I saw, but it's definitely not as much as the Track Edition. What's really revolutionary is that Lexus right now showed that these two cars are a pivotal point in direction for Lexus. I remember we had a slight discussion because of my slight dislike to the RC F because of it's architecture, but it's moments like these where I told everyone before to not turn their backs on Lexus' (and Toyota's) engineering prowess. These two cars (I am more interested in the Track Edition however) show that. I am genuinely happy for Lexus.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I have to say it looks sick! I wish more HP as well but still looks so good! Now Lexus you are doing a great job with the RCF track edition and RCF and LC convertible let's not stop there! Keep the F's coming and make them on more products! I like the limited edition versions but don't get rid of the "standard" F cars. Weird to use "standard" F with Lexus now that we have a track edition! Love it!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Introducing the Lexus RC F Track Edition & Updated 2020 RC F Coupe
19-01-13-lexus-rc-f-track-edition.jpg

Pure fire.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Overall, I am very impressed with this car. A lot of effort and R&D went into this refresh, which is awesome for such a low volume car in a market that's bullish on SUVs.

I'll just say it: RC F Track Edition > Supra. :eyes:

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Overall, I am very impressed with this car. A lot of effort and R&D went into this refresh, which is awesome for such a low volume car in a market that's bullish on SUVs.

I'll just say it: RC F Track Edition > Supra. :eyes:
I'd be very disappointed if the Supra was better...are we going to have a new thread for Supra or since it's not Lexus we won't? I'm really curious what people think of the Supra. I've talked to two different people who both loved the old Supra and were like it's eh. I think it looks cool...but back to RCF they knocked it out of the park! 10/10 on this and LC convertible.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

mikeavelli

Reactions
I love the updates. Lets be honest you can't reasonably expect much more power from this engine as a N/A. What they did do is work on the weight which everyone complains about.

Overall they literally fixed most of what people complained about. It now has the best power to weight ratio in class.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Do we have any idea on pricing for these? I would assume RCF would stay pretty much the same but how much is the track edition going to be? Up to the GSF price?

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I really dig that updated rear end, but the front will take some getting used to...
I love the new 19" BBS Forged Wheels with red brakes, looks beautiful. I expected more power and a faster 0-60 time than just under 4 seconds for the Track Edition, but 4.2 for the regular RC F is still not very competitive but better. I'm proud of Lexus for being able to reduce the weight so much, but it is still overweight. Guess that's the best they could do with the Frankenstein body.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Beautiful and brilliant. Love all of the upgrades and design cues. Lexus is not giving up on performance and sex appeal (never doubted it). Its really a shame they'll only offer white and matte gray, orange would've been excellent, and an homage to the LFA Nurburgring Edition.

With the surprising release of the aggressive looking RCF Track Edition, can you guys even imagine what they have it store for the LCF?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I usually think these types of decklid spoilers and aero bits look cheap, but Lexus did an amazing job at creating a package that looks purpose built, expensive and badass all at the same time.

2020-lexus-rc-f-track-edition-1.jpg

Also, the interior with Alcantara inserts is GORGEOUS IMO:

I think folks are equally divided on the RC/3IS interior - some say it's old and outdated looking, but others like the retro Japanese feel. I'm in the latter category and think the additional bits from the Track Edition make this car an instant classic.

Nicely done, Lexus!!:heart_eyes:

Airplane

Fan
Reactions
Do we have any idea on pricing for these? I would assume RCF would stay pretty much the same but how much is the track edition going to be? Up to the GSF price?
Think it will be more expensive than the GSF. The track is limited to 60 cars.