1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
If we look at it from a 0-60 mph standpoint, the LFA hit it in 3.6 seconds which nowadays is M4 CS and RS5 territory.

Now being stated as the second fastest Lexus, I fear the RC F TE at best will hit 60 in the high 3s (from 4.3s today), placing it still in a catch up position to the Germans. So I'm not holding my breath for this metric, however, I'm still hopeful it can outshine them overall on the track.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
If we look at it from a 0-60 mph standpoint, the LFA hit it in 3.6 seconds which nowadays is M4 CS and RS5 territory.

Now being stated as the second fastest Lexus, I fear the RC F TE at best will hit 60 in the high 3s (from 4.3s today), placing it still in a catch up position to the Germans. So I'm not holding my breath for this metric, however, I'm still hopeful it can outshine them overall on the track.
my thoughts exactly, recently Lexus has never produced a proper competitor to the German performance cars, only very close.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
M4 CS might be close in 0-60 mph, but it will get destroyed by the LFA at higher speed (or even around the race track). It won't be near LFA territory (despite LFA being almost 10 years old).

If the RCF also has Cup 2 tires (like all of these other cars) alongside the weight reduction and power increase then it can most likely put down serious lap times in the GT350R, C7 Stringray or M4 GTS league.

Last edited:

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
krew

Lexus RC F Track Edition to Debut at Detroit Auto Show
18-12-06-lexus-rc-f-track-edition-thumb.jpg

View the original article post

The official 2019 Detroit Auto Show press conference schedule has been posted. Lexus will host one on Monday 14 January (the sole carmaker press day) starting at 1:10 PM Eastern Time.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Was hoping it would be earlier than that, but oh well at least it happening and very happy about the RCF being in the limelight again.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Their bold claim is kind of a soft proof that LC-F is still far away. At this point we could be certain the earliest would be a facelift MY.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Maybe at least 100kg lighter than the normal RC F? Just like the LFA Nurburgring Package is 100kg lighter than the normal LFA.

I wonder will Toyota and Lexus continue to evolve the 5.0L V8 2UR-GSE, since they are going to run the LC500 again this year at the 24 Hours Nurburgring.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
About 150 - 200 lbs max. Around 3750 lbs or so at best because the safety equipment etc. weight will still stay. Around 500 - 505 HP is my guess with a free flowing exhaust.

LFA Nürburgring Editions with navi, ML stereo etc. were barely 100 lbs lighter than the standard LFA. From what I remember, it weighed 3350 lbs for the Sport Auto supertest.

Maybe at least 100kg lighter than the normal RC F? Just like the LFA Nurburgring Package is 100kg lighter than the normal LFA.

I wonder will Toyota and Lexus continue to evolve the 5.0L V8 2UR-GSE, since they are going to run the LC500 again this year at the 24 Hours Nurburgring.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

I honestly don't know the future for the 5.0L V8 -- all the rumors point to a 4.0L twin-turbo for the LC F/LS F, maybe they lower the displacement on this engine?

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I honestly don't know the future for the 5.0L V8 -- all the rumors point to a 4.0L twin-turbo for the LC F/LS F, maybe they lower the displacement on this engine?

Yeah, definitely it is on its way out. Turbo sixes is the way of the future for Lexus F.

Reactions
I'm getting a little perplexed by some of the responses here because I am leaving you guys information (INSIDER INFO FROM TMC). This is the third time that I am leaving the same clue all over LE. Think. About. The. Future. *sigh* since many of y'all really even bother searching the forums, I'll indirectly show you what the future in powertrain design is. Think about motorsports.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/threads/reviews-2018-lexus-lc-500.4027/page-6

Merry Christmas......

Last edited:
Reactions
If you guys are still unsure about where Toyota and Lexus' new powertrain technology will all be coming from, here you go. The Toyota TS050 Hybrid.

MPSA_WEC_SHA18_SP1_4136.jpg

Last edited:

Airplane

Fan
Reactions

A video just came out, but I laughed when he said the Track only got 472HP.
Lexus said it will be the most powerful car excluding the LFA, but damn, 1hp increase over the LC500 is bizzare.

176lb lighter is a good improvement though!
They could have made this the new RCF.

Wish Lexus put the LC500 steering wheel in it, slight dissapointment.
A limited production of 60 units makes me afraid this might be the last model before the discontinue the model.

Last edited:
Reactions
https://www.wardsauto.com/north-ame...lexus-refreshes-rc-f-debuts-new-track-edition

ITS OUT ITS OUT ITS OUT AHHAUJFHASOIUDFIASHDFIOUAHSDFIUHASOUIDF IM FIRST WOOOOOOOO.

BUT 472? XD I HEARD EITHER FROM THIS FORUM OR SUPRAMKV FORUMS ABOUT SOMEONE MAKING A JOKE ABOUT IT BEING 472 HP.

AND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LORDD OMG I CANT EVEN IT HAS LAUNCH CONTROL FINALLYYYYYY. 3.96 SECONDS 0-60

AND ITS SO MUCH LIGHTER ASD WELL YEEEEEET. I WANT THIS ONE BADDDD..

OMG THERE IS ALSO A NEW 2020 LEXUS RC F AS WELL YOOOOOOOO

YO OMG THE SUPRA IS JUST LINGERING IN THE BACK LIKE THEY DON'T CARE ANYMORE LOOOL.

PICTURES FOR Y'ALL <333333

2020%20Lexus%20RC%20F%20group_2.jpg

2020-lexus-rc-f-track-edition.jpg

2020_lexus_rc-f_f34_fd_1011191_1600.jpg

Last edited: