1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
A very fair and objective review. He is right the stock RCF exhaust is abysmal because of the emissions etc.In Europe, it loses 8 HP because of that. It is all engine/induction noise and no exhaust. That is why I went with full catback exhaust was my first mod.

p.s. RS5 and C63 are heavier.

Last edited:

Motor

Expert
Reactions
2019 Lexus RC F review – V8 coupe changes little, but offers lots
In objective terms, the Lexus RC F is not a class-leading sports coupe. It’s not as crisp as a BMW M4, as rounded as an Audi RS5, nor as brutally fast as a Mercedes-AMG C63 S Coupe. Its price-point isn’t far from its more able rivals either, so there’s not even a serious value-for-money benefit to consider.

And yet, the Lexus RC F occupies a high place in our affections because the thrill of driving is not always about outright ability or figures on a spec sheet. The RC F is about more than that. Its desirability is derived from an increasingly rare combination of elements that really do make it a unique entity in the new car marketplace, for now.

evo mag liked it...how about that.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
That was a great review. Seen it before, but yeah from an owner's perspective, she exactly captures how an owner would appreciate this car.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
He prefers it over the M3/M4.

I wonder if the person test driving it has the means to afford the RC or an M3...cuz if he can't, I don't think it makes a difference what he prefers. RC-F is for the Lexus enthusiast. Track edition is pretty cool IMO

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Gotcha. And do you indeed drive a CT?

what does a CT have to do with anything? I don’t have the money for an RCF. If I did, it makes an opinion very much different. Those buying $100,000 cars, buy what they like. The problem with the review and most reviews are, they are custom tailored to create views which creates revenue for the reviewer. If a review with day and date upon an embargo, then you really see the true opinion which has more value. We have 6 different models of Toyota or Lexus vehicles. Yes, a CT is still one of them, but I don’t drive it anymore, we handed it down for one of the family members to have.

I think the RC F is a tremendous achievement for Lexus. Considering what the brand started out as. Now, Lexus is experimenting with new models with interesting parts and features such as carbon fibre and crazy, rediculous rear wings.

I am much more respectful of automotive review journalism when the review is released day and date on embargo.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
what does a CT have to do with anything? I don’t have the money for an RCF. If I did, it makes an opinion very much different. Those buying $100,000 cars, buy what they like. The problem with the review and most reviews are, they are custom tailored to create views which creates revenue for the reviewer. If a review with day and date upon an embargo, then you really see the true opinion which has more value. We have 6 different models of Toyota or Lexus vehicles. Yes, a CT is still one of them, but I don’t drive it anymore, we handed it down for one of the family members to have.

I think the RC F is a tremendous achievement for Lexus. Considering what the brand started out as. Now, Lexus is experimenting with new models with interesting parts and features such as carbon fibre and crazy, rediculous rear wings.

I am much more respectful of automotive review journalism when the review is released day and date on embargo.

What does a CT have to do with anything? Because it's utterly foolish to say that someone's opinion doesn't count unless they have the ability to afford the cars they're reviewing or discussing. If we went by this logic, automotive forums wouldn't even exist because the fraction of us who can afford the LC F we all dream and babble about would be a pool of about 2 people. I have no idea what your personal finances look like, but what if someone said, "Well Jill only drives a CT - the cheapest Lexus ever - so since she can't afford anything more, her opinion on the IS/ES/LS/RC/LC/NX/RX/GX/LX/LF-1 threads doesn't matter."

That doesn't feel very.... fair, does it? Especially since affordability is relative.

Automotive media is pick and choose, just like any other media. Whether or not TheTopher, or Matt Farah, or savagegeese can afford an RC F is beside the point: they are polished experts who have driven the M4, C63, RS5 and other competitors, meaning that their opinion is better formed from direct experience. I would prefer that to anything based on their incomes.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
What does a CT have to do with anything? Because it's utterly foolish to say that someone's opinion doesn't count unless they have the ability to afford the cars they're reviewing or discussing. If we went by this logic, automotive forums wouldn't even exist because the fraction of us who can afford the LC F we all dream and babble about would be a pool of about 2 people. I have no idea what your personal finances look like, but what if someone said, "Well Jill only drives a CT - the cheapest Lexus ever - so since she can't afford anything more, her opinion on the IS/ES/LS/RC/LC/NX/RX/GX/LX/LF-1 threads doesn't matter."

That doesn't feel very.... fair, does it? Especially since affordability is relative.

Automotive media is pick and choose, just like any other media. Whether or not TheTopher, or Matt Farah, or savagegeese can afford an RC F is beside the point: they are polished experts who have driven the M4, C63, RS5 and other competitors, meaning that their opinion is better formed from direct experience. I would prefer that to anything based on their incomes.

I don’t think your opinion is wrong. And I respect it. I think I have some value in mine as well, I really do think that reviews the most valuable and have most credible when they are released on the day of the embargo. I also think there’s a lot of merit of the opinion of those who actually buy the higher end products versus those who are giving those vehicles to review

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I don’t think your opinion is wrong. And I respect it. I think I have some value in mine as well, I really do think that reviews the most valuable and have most credible when they are released on the day of the embargo. I also think there’s a lot of merit of the opinion of those who actually buy the higher end products versus those who are giving those vehicles to review

I am one of those people who picked up an almost brand new RCF with carbon fiber/TVD 3.5 years ago. I am no brand loyalist and RCF was my first ever Lexus. My reasons were the same reasons the reviewer gave. High-revving sonorous naturally aspirated V8, uniqueness, quality, durability and exterior. With everything going turbo, visceral atmospheric engines are becoming extinct and I took the opportunity to find one of the best V8s ever made and enjoy it.

I picked the RCF over M4 because it suits my needs as a fun car a lot better than the M4. Not because it was the better car.

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC_0158.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_0158.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 0

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
I am one of those people who picked up an almost brand new RCF with carbon fiber/TVD 3.5 years ago. I am no brand loyalist and RCF was my first ever Lexus. My reasons were the same reasons the reviewer gave. High-revving sonorous naturally aspirated V8, uniqueness, quality, durability and exterior. With everything going turbo, visceral atmospheric engines are becoming extinct and I took the opportunity to find one of the best V8s ever made and enjoy it.

I picked the RCF over M4 because it suits my needs as a fun car a lot better than the M4. Not because it was the better car.

View attachment 4023

Thanks for opinion. I have always liked the RC and the F. I think the interior is really cozy. Would you spring the extra for the track edition if buying again?

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Thanks for opinion. I have always liked the RC and the F. I think the interior is really cozy. Would you spring the extra for the track edition if buying again?

Probably not unless I got a very enticing deal on it, but there are only 10 in Canada total. Though, the review above by Topher was of the yellow RCF similar to mine (carbon/TVD) and not the track edition, though.

Last edited:

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Probably not unless I got a very enticing deal on it, but there are only 10 in Canada total. Though, the review above by Topher was of the yellow RCF similar to mine (carbon/TVD) and not the track edition, though.

Wow Didn’t know there were only 10. That is pretty exclusive. I have seen one in a showroom just once. It was not sold but was roped off from the showroom guests.