Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Although the changes are quite minor, the Japanese-language edition of the Lexus Global Newsroom has seen fit to post a news release on the 2020 Lexus LS. Running it through Google Translate, we learn that the minor tweaks are centered on suspension tuning, hybrid powertrain feel and the optional Executive Package.

Shock absorbers in the RWD versions of the Lexus LS now use the same independent pressure expansion orifice as the AWD vehicle, improving ride comfort by expanding the variable damping force range and reducing friction. In addition, by optimizing the reinforcement layer structure of the run-flat tires on non-F Sport versions and retuning the Adaptive Variable Suspension and rear suspension mount on all models, the ride quality has been improved.

In the LS500h hybrid, the amount of assistance from the battery during acceleration has been increased, and the accelerator characteristics were changed to improve driving force and quietness.

In Executive Package models, rear seat comfort is enhanced with "enter mode" that allows for wider foot space, especially behind the front passenger seat. Additionally, operability of the rear multi-operation panel in the center armrest of Luxury and Executive Package (Version L and Executive in Japan) has been improved.

As of this writing, other Lexus newsrooms make no mention of 2020 changes to the LS.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-10-08-lexus-ls-2020-improvements.jpg

The fifth-generation Lexus LS sedan is getting a minor update, according to a press release out of Japan.
First off, the rear-wheel drive LS will adopt the same shock absorbers as the all-wheel drive version, expanding the variable damping force range and reducing friction. Along with adjustments to the run-flat tires and the AVS tuning, the LS should see improved ride quality and quietness.
For LS models with the Executive rear seat package, rear foot space has been increased and the infotainment controls have been revised. Lastly, the hybrid LS 500h will see more battery assistance during acceleration.

Continue reading...

Reactions
Good changes, they definitely have heard what people don't like about the car.
I feel sad though because I just bought my 2019 model. They must hear the continuous negative reviews about their infotainment system which is the worst in my opinion and put it the very top priority. But this is a good indication that they are listening at least..

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I honestly don't think the infotainment is as bad as people complain about. The major pain point is the touchpad. I feel that if it was a touchscreen the current software would be fine bordering on great.

Reactions
i just saw the US press release but it didn’t mention any of the changes in the Japanese press release. I hope we get the improvements too!

CT200h

Fan
Reactions
2020 LS500 what’s new

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
No confirmation about the 2020 LS/LC with AA. I’m willing to bet it’ll be a dealer add-on option later. Same with the 2020 GX

For some reason I have a hard time believing the last bit on the GX. The hardware on the GX is too old

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
2020 LS500 what’s new

Always wanted to see a white/black interior like this in the LS. I'm stunned. It is beautiful....

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 12.26.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-26 at 12.26.21 AM.png

Reactions
Never been a big fan of Lexus models in red, personally, but that LS is looking Q-U-I-T-E attractive, I must say! If I had the $80k, I could honestly see driving it. With my 30-mile one-way commute, it’d have to be the hybrid. 😁