Reactions
genesis-g90-1.jpg

genesis-g90-1.jpg

genesis-g90-1.jpg

genesis-g90-1.jpg

genesis-g90-1.jpg

genesis-g90-1.jpg

genesis-g90-1.jpg

More images: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/27/genesis-g90-redesign/#slide-7474638

I'm split on this refresh. On one hand, I want to give Genesis credit for being more original and continuing to evolve their design language. On the other... I just don't know if it really looks very good? For some reason, this grill makes me think it was just the last shape another automaker hasn't already used, so Genesis said, "Let's try it." Distinct? Yes. Handsome? Ehhh... not sure.

But it does have a kind of cool, old-school vibe almost like the Toyota Century. What do you guys think?

RAL

Reactions
agreed ... the obtuse grille is the fly in the ointment

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Generally looks great as it is. It doesn't try to imitate a coupe, like so many sedans do nowadays (and that may be one reason why sedan sales are slipping...people don't want those low, hump-back, coupe-type rooflines that eat up headroom.). The only thing I'd change is go to a smaller, more conservative, rectangle-shaped grille, trimming away that big point-down part, and making it less garish.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Looks good, looks sharp. Glad that Genesis is growing and expanding.

G90
G80
G70

Very soon we'll get:

GV80

Curious if we'll also get a GV90 and/or GV70?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
But it does have a kind of cool, old-school vibe almost like the Toyota Century. What do you guys think?

Agreed. An old-school-ish luxobarge. But they didn't want to go as far as Century-like because Genesis does not have a loyal customer base who don't mind (or actually want) the dated look. So they try to throw in some modern elements that break the harmony of the design.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Not perfect, but looks good/special/different. Expensive, but just as good, I'd take it over S/7/A8.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I don't mind the grill. The dashboard looks like a 4LS with the clock moved slightly though, and flagships in 2018 need to have a customizable digital instrument cluster.

Reactions
The exterior is utter crap. However, as the biggest fan of anything TMC and European, sweet mother of god those rear seats and that overall interior (except the hideous steering wheel and the dashboard)!