2018 NX 300

Reactions
I had the Lexus DashCam installed back in November. As it was the first one for the dealership it took about 3-4 hours. On completion I was handed a small package which included part of the packaging for the camera showing the part numbers. The dealership used one password and I the other to activate WiFi connection to my iPhone. Also included was a Micro chip adapter to hold the memory card in the camera when you remove it to view on desktop/laptop computer. So you needed to download Lexus Dashcam for the iPhone and Cashcam Viewer ver 1.2.0 by 2018 Denso Ten Ltd for the desktop.
The information recorded is in many individual files by "time" which you can view while sitting in the car. I tried to use the app feature to text/email a copy of an individual file but the video was to large and was rejected by the server. I have yet to figure this out. I removed the chip and installed it on my desktop and this operation was very simple, amazing how much information is available. Only problem I see is the audio being too weak I could not hear what was being said. I did not make any modifications to the operation of the Dashcam while the chip was connected to my computer.
There is no obstruction to outside viewing while driving, you don't even see the camera behind the rearview mirror. There are other features one of which I will mention here - when you leave the car, any bump to the car will activated the camera to record for the next 2 minutes or so.
I basically have forgotten the camera is installed and I hope I won't have any need to view the recorded information.