Reactions
krew
17-10-19-lexus-ls-interior-japan.jpg

The LS gets a killer JDM option.
View the original article post

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
@krew did you notice info how back headrests/seats fold when you are reversing to give you better view through back window? Is that in US spec model too?

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
It has to hurt that Cadillac was there way back in 2016. Lexus should be first with these innovations, not following.

Reactions
At the Detriot auto show, the LS 500 on display had the rear view camera in the mirror. The trunk lid had two cameras. One for back up and one for the mirror.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
@krew did you notice info how back headrests/seats fold when you are reversing to give you better view through back window? Is that in US spec model too?

I didn't notice this -- let me find out for you.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I didn't notice this -- let me find out for you.

• In addition to a hands-free power trunk lid*11, which allows the trunk to be opened and closed even when both of the user's hands are occupied by slipping a foot underneath the rear bumper and withdrawing it, for added convenience, a shift-lever-operated, rear seat automatic reclining (rearward visibility) function*13 allows the driver to keep the eyes on the road while reclining the rear seats to expand rearward vision when the rear seats are not occupied.

translation seems rough, but seems like thats what it is. When you put it in reverse, it should recline the seats.

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
I wonder how freely one will be able to combine interior colours with trim and decors. I’ve only seen the cut glass and pleated door panels with black/burgundy and all black. The all black was at the press event in Northern California but on the Japanese website that doesn’t seem to be available.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
The strange thing is that the day comes when we said that the LS has the most dynamic car in its class

Another thing the Japanese LS interior combos are really amazing especially the red one

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
All those wood, trim, color options for Japan are amazing! Too bad they won't all be available for the North American market.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I wonder how freely one will be able to combine interior colours with trim and decors. I’ve only seen the cut glass and pleated door panels with black/burgundy and all black. The all black was at the press event in Northern California but on the Japanese website that doesn’t seem to be available.

North America will only offer the black pleated interior, not the red version. I guess Japan went with the opposite.

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
North America will only offer the black pleated interior, not the red version. I guess Japan went with the opposite.
If I were in a position to buy this car I’d love to have the pleated door panels and the cut glass with one the brown-ish colour schemes,but if I had to choose I’d go with pleats and cut glass with whichever colour available. I just love the originality and the very “Japanese-ness” of it! ❤️

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
If I were in a position to buy this car I’d love to have the pleated door panels and the cut glass with one the brown-ish colour schemes,but if I had to choose I’d go with pleats and cut glass with whichever colour available. I just love the originality and the very “Japanese-ness” of it! ❤️

I've loved the pleats and cut glass since I first saw them. They're very literally something the Germans can't give you, because Germany doesn't have those particular artisanal traditions.

Reactions
At the Detriot auto show, the LS 500 on display had the rear view camera in the mirror. The trunk lid had two cameras. One for back up and one for the mirror.

The Canadian demo car (thinking this is the only one in Canada), recently shown in Edmonton, has two cameras on the tail gate; however, the car only has traditional interior mirror. I've seen this car in person when it is in the Toronto area, and it does not have the digital mirror

Below link to video filmed at Lexus of Edmonton.

From the videos I've seen on YT of the San Fransisco press event, I have not seen any cars with the digital mirror.

Yet, some of the cars @ the Monticello and Autobahn driving club events in late October do have the digital mirror (Most videos I viewed of these events are on IG).

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
From the videos I've seen on YT of the San Fransisco press event, I have not seen any cars with the digital mirror.

Yet, some of the cars @ the Monticello and Autobahn driving club events in late October do have the digital mirror (Most videos I viewed of these events are on IG).

None of the vehicles I drove in SF had the digital mirror, and judging from the pre-order guides I've seen, it won't be an option in the US. Would love to be wrong!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
After all these rich individuals in Japan have been waiting this car for half a decade. No surprises there.