2018 Lexus LS Sedan Launches Around the World

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by krew, Oct 19, 2017.

1. krew
    krew Administrator
    Den and spwolf like this.
  2. DDas
    I can literally stare at that interior all day - so gorgeous!

Lasse J. Nordvik likes this.
  3. spwolf
    @krew did you notice info how back headrests/seats fold when you are reversing to give you better view through back window? Is that in US spec model too?

4. GSCT
    GSCT Founding Member
    It has to hurt that Cadillac was there way back in 2016. Lexus should be first with these innovations, not following.

LDeleuran likes this.
  5. krew
    krew Administrator
    Den likes this.
  6. carnut
    At the Detriot auto show, the LS 500 on display had the rear view camera in the mirror. The trunk lid had two cameras. One for back up and one for the mirror.

Ian Schmidt and krew like this.
  7. krew
    krew Administrator
    I didn't notice this -- let me find out for you.

8. spwolf
    translation seems rough, but seems like thats what it is. When you put it in reverse, it should recline the seats.

Ian Schmidt likes this.
  9. Lasse J. Nordvik
    I wonder how freely one will be able to combine interior colours with trim and decors. I’ve only seen the cut glass and pleated door panels with black/burgundy and all black. The all black was at the press event in Northern California but on the Japanese website that doesn’t seem to be available.

Ian Schmidt likes this.
  10. maiaramdan
    The strange thing is that the day comes when we said that the LS has the most dynamic car in its class

Another thing the Japanese LS interior combos are really amazing especially the red one

11. CIF
    CIF Premium Member
    All those wood, trim, color options for Japan are amazing! Too bad they won't all be available for the North American market.

12. krew
    krew Administrator
    North America will only offer the black pleated interior, not the red version. I guess Japan went with the opposite.

Lasse J. Nordvik likes this.
  13. Lasse J. Nordvik
    If I were in a position to buy this car I’d love to have the pleated door panels and the cut glass with one the brown-ish colour schemes,but if I had to choose I’d go with pleats and cut glass with whichever colour available. I just love the originality and the very “Japanese-ness” of it! ❤️

Levi, MichaelL, krew and 2 others like this.
  14. Ian Schmidt
    Ian Schmidt Staff Member Moderator
    I've loved the pleats and cut glass since I first saw them. They're very literally something the Germans can't give you, because Germany doesn't have those particular artisanal traditions.

ACEtheOG, Lexus Cohen, RAL and 3 others like this.
  15. h2o_247
    The Canadian demo car (thinking this is the only one in Canada), recently shown in Edmonton, has two cameras on the tail gate; however, the car only has traditional interior mirror. I've seen this car in person when it is in the Toronto area, and it does not have the digital mirror

Below link to video filmed at Lexus of Edmonton.

From the videos I've seen on YT of the San Fransisco press event, I have not seen any cars with the digital mirror.

Yet, some of the cars @ the Monticello and Autobahn driving club events in late October do have the digital mirror (Most videos I viewed of these events are on IG).

Ian Schmidt, krew and Den like this.
  16. krew
    krew Administrator

None of the vehicles I drove in SF had the digital mirror, and judging from the pre-order guides I've seen, it won't be an option in the US. Would love to be wrong!

17. RAL
    RAL Staff Member Moderator
    h2o_247 likes this.
  18. krew
    krew Administrator
    Ian Schmidt likes this.
  19. Tragic Bronson
    Good for Lexus in Japan, it'll keep the factories busy. I guess the Japanese government needs new limos lol.

krew and meth.ix like this.
  20. ssun30
    After all these rich individuals in Japan have been waiting this car for half a decade. No surprises there.

krew likes this.