2018 Lexus LS 500h Hybrid to Debut at Geneva Motor Show

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
He's saying the car has Quad-Exhausts, but the it has 2 fake exhaust openings , "making" it look like a car with "2 exhausts" and 2 other "Fake exhausts".

Do you mean like this? I'm sure there are easier ways of structuring that sentence.

Visually, the car has quad exhausts but behind the left pair lies nothing.

Attachments

• fake exhaust.jpg
    fake exhaust.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 9

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Do you mean like this? I'm sure there are easier ways of structuring that sentence.

Visually, the car has quad exhausts but behind the left pair lies nothing.
Sorry, I was in a rush so I wasn't able to check if the sentence made sense. What I tried to say is, the LC 500h looks like it has quad stacked tailpipes:
asdg.PNG
However, the top two are not actually exhausts and are plastic. But behind the two real exhaust cutouts, there were two exhausts behind each of them. So in total, there are 4 real exhaust pipes, but only two real exhaust cutouts and two fake ones, which I find pointless because they are trying to make it look like there are 4 pipes, even though there really are 4 that are made to look like 2.asdg.PNG
The regular LC 500 has this too. What's interesting is that this is the first Lexus Hybrid to have quad exhausts.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-02-22-lexus-ls-500h-hybrid-engine.jpg

The same powertrain found in the LC 500h coupe.
View the original article post

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
There is not much history to LS hybrid as Lexus neglected it right after first refresh without making a single improvement or tweak to it's power plant but there was novelty. To this day its the only Lexus V8 hybrid and the only Lexus AWD hybrid, I am not counting Toyota derivative SUVs that use Toyota Hybrid setup which is different from dedicated Lexus RWD Hybrid setup.

My question is will we see LS500h AWD? I think that could be give Lexus hybrid a boost in Northern US and Europe

Reactions
Today I was at my local dealer. Talked with the sales manager and she told me in confidence that the LS will be very interesting options for the interior trim such as items of glass and rare wood. She even showed me some pictures. The glass elements look just incredible :thumbsup:I'll try to beg her several photos of these elements

I heard the same thing that there will be a interior trim using Japanese Kiriko cut glass.

19sake1.jpg

Last edited:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
So it seems almost every day more and more new details are gradually coming out about the 5LS. Interesting, noteworthy details that Lexus easily could have included in the world debut to further wow the press, the industry, the fans, the public, yet Lexus chose not to.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
So it seems almost every day more and more new details are gradually coming out about the 5LS. Interesting, noteworthy details that Lexus easily could have included in the world debut to further wow the press, the industry, the fans, the public, yet Lexus chose not to.

Since we're probably a year out from actually being able to buy the car, I'm ok with them saving more details for later in the year to keep interest up.