2017 Lexus GX 460 Available with New Sport Design Package

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
image.png

Anyone else see this or know anything more about the refresh for the 2017 GX? Looks like Lexus is keeping the GX around longer. Here you can see the captains chairs for the refresh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Very interesting. Someone here mentioned this a few months ago, but this is the first I've seen it!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Interesting - already on the website:

Lexus-GX-personalized-comfort-keyfeatures-1204x677-LEX-GXG-MY17-0018.jpg

Attachments

• Lexus-GX-interior-ecru-leather-trim-overlay-476x357-LEX-GXG-MY17-0018-5.jpg
    Lexus-GX-interior-ecru-leather-trim-overlay-476x357-LEX-GXG-MY17-0018-5.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Per Lexus website, it appears a new "Sport Design Package" is now available, complete with "Scarlett Tail Lamps, Sport rear valance/front fascia, & 18" Gun Metal 5 Spoke Alloys".

GX Luxury Packages have standard Captain's Chairs w/Optional Sport Pack
GX Premium allow a-la-carte captains chairs, captain's chairs & Sport Pack, or standard Premium w/ bench seat.

I do not believe base models allow for captain's chairs or sport pack.

Reactions: RAL

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Per Lexus website, it appears a new "Sport Design Package" is now available, complete with "Scarlett Tail Lamps, Sport rear valance/front fascia, & 18" Gun Metal 5 Spoke Alloys".

GX Luxury Packages have standard Captain's Chairs w/Optional Sport Pack
GX Premium allow a-la-carte captains chairs, captain's chairs & Sport Pack, or standard Premium w/ bench seat.

I do not believe base models allow for captain's chairs or sport pack.

Not certain, but it looks to me like the "scarlet taillamps" might be the pre-refresh tails. That would be terrible if true...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If you look at the pic and the descriptions, I see what they mean with the SD package now. It has an extra bit of chrome around the bottom half of the spindle that reminds me a bit of the CT refresh. The other stuff is pretty standard - chrome exhaust top, standard gunmetal wheels, etc.

Lexus-GX-sport-design-package-hero-846x477-LEX-GXG-MY17-0022.jpg

Tails do seem to be the same as the pre-refresh (2010 - 2013) model:

2011-lexus-gx-460-4wd-4-door-tail-light_100327719_l.jpg

Last edited:
D

DDas

I'm glad to see the red taillights back. The white ones just did not seem luxurious to me. I wish they had a full sport mesh like they did for the pre facelift GX (pic attached). The bottom chrome of the grille is like the CT's which I don't love. It, like the CT, looks sloppy and unfinished. Hopefully, the beast will be redesigned soon!

Attachments

• 12-05-29-lexus-gx-sportdesign-package.jpg
    12-05-29-lexus-gx-sportdesign-package.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 10

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
The second row is literally the bench seating without the center seat! The only benefit is that the inside armrests are now more and individually adjustable. Haha!