2016 Lexus GS F SPORT Debuts at Frankfurt Motor Show

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-09-15-lexus-gs-f-sport-frankfurt-400x200.jpg

The updated 2016 Lexus 450h and GS 200t F SPORT made their debut today at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
View the original article post

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Is it just me that think F Sport version better than GSF lol.
I second that, at least visually.

The absence of fog lights on the GS F-- having just those big, black air vents don't really add anything to the F. The F-Sport (and regular models) have a pronounced surround enveloping the girl, accented by corresponding fog light casings.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Unfortunately not a fan. Reminds me of incoherent Mercedes E Class, where the front just does not fit the design language of the rest of the car.

Madi

Fan
Reactions

The absence of fog lights on the GS F-- having just those big, black air vents don't really add anything to the F. The F-Sport (and regular models) have a pronounced surround enveloping the girl, accented by corresponding fog light casings.

Those big black air vents have a purpose, there you will find behind them two small radiators, one for engine oil and the other for transmission oil, better cooling = better performance .

Just like the RC F
14-09-04-lexus-oil-coolers-thumb.jpg

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions

Those big black air vents have a purpose, there you will find behind them two small radiators, one for engine oil and the other for transmission oil, better cooling = better performance .

Just like the RC F
14-09-04-lexus-oil-coolers-thumb.jpg
Not debating the functionality, only the the aesthetics

mikeavelli

Reactions
EDIT- Europe/Japan seems to continue to get fog lamps. Not sure about us.

I am also a fan of fog lamps, they just visually lower a car and IMO make for a more balanced front end. Thing is headlight technology today is so good, fog lamps are no longer really needed.

Going to also be interesting to see what aftermarket parts have to be developed for the new front end, I doubt anything from the pre facelift will work on the MMC.

The GS 200t honestly seems like a really cool DD and a great addition.

Last edited:

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
nothing serious, but interesting that there's no F-Sport badging on the rear of the vehicle.

I believe the lack of the F Sport badge is due to the "LEXUS" badge taking the space in markets where Lexus is not yet well known among the public. In N.A., we dropped the letters in MY 2011 after 20 years on our soil.

I'm expecting N.A. versions of the GS F Sport to get the F Sport badge at the rear.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
premium LEDs look great in GS... and also non-fsport looks great too, maybe even better than F-Sport, which is great.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Of the two, I think the 450h looks significantly better....the spindle grille, in particular, IMO, with its chrome bars, is much better done on the 450.

Apples

Founding Member
Reactions
Wow that thing is ugly. I loved the last GS, I have a 2014 IS, love the RC, NX and the new RX. Even the new GS F, but this thing looks ridiculous. The creases, the bulges, the little silver and black trim pieces. Of course, I'll wait until I see it in person for final judgment. It's just too much. I'd like to see an image from straight above to see how much that front grill section sticks out.