16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I hope both the Sport and Sedan make it to NA. If either one becomes available as a plug-in hybrid, it may be my next DD. Especially the Sport.

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
I'm curious to what's the business case for having the venza and the crown sport if the crown sport might not be EV.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I definietely think it's gonna be an EV, it was close to production ready back in Dec 2021, I doubt they'll go in a 180 and go ICE in a matter of a year or 2.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I'm curious to what's the business case for having the venza and the crown sport if the crown sport might not be EV.

From what I know, I don't think there is an ICE variant planned for Crown Sport and it's being introduced as a premium BEV Toyota product that's bigger than Venza but smaller than Highlander.

👀

Question is: will BEV technology be ready, especially at premium scale?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The only way I can see the Crown sedan coming to the US is rebadged as a "Crown Mirai" to succeed the current gen model.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
The only way I can see the Crown sedan coming to the US is rebadged as a "Crown Mirai" to succeed the current gen model.

After current Mirai I think they will definately seal the memo - premium midsize sedan doesn't sell. So chances of seeing RWD Crown are like what, 0.1%?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
After current Mirai I think they will definately seal the memo - premium midsize sedan doesn't sell. So chances of seeing RWD Crown are like what, 0.1%?
I mean.. the current gen Mirai has sold better than the previous gen so far, breaking over 2000 units a year, which the 1st gen never did. Not to mention Toyota is pretty committed to hydrogen power.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

CROWN OUTDOOR CONCEPT
Toyota is exhibiting its "CROWN OUTDOOR CONCEPT", which is based on the Crown Crossover that also launched in the autumn of 2022 and which offers new possibilities for the Crown to capture the imagination of customers through its addition of special parts and features that enhance usability in the great outdoors, such as increased ride height, large diameter all-terrain tires, and a roof carrier.

1673582927297.png

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
The secret alphard conference was leaked recently and there was which is to be unveiled in april or may we might see one of these alongside it

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
The secret alphard conference was leaked recently and there was which is to be unveiled in april or may we might see one of these alongside it
I could've sworn there was a post with all Toyota models released this year by month. I can't find it. Perhaps it was deleted? I remember it had GX at the end of the year.