16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Levi

Expert
Reactions
If that happens I hope its treated with the same level of attention as the Mirai and Venza. Also if that happens that will solidify the all EV direction Lexus is planning. And at least the GR will be in charge of the performance tuning.
Knowing ICEVs are here to stay, but high-end is going BEV, it makes sense. See Porsche going all BEV as Lexus have planned.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
i-Force Max could also be I4 turbo hybrid as will be on Tacoma and 4Runner. i-Force is a Toyota brand name, so without specification whether V6 or I4, we can't be sure if RWD or FWD. I still think T24A FWD.
Guess we'll have to wait for the official reveal cause rumour mill is pretty wild right now and toyota has done a remarkable job keeping everything under wraps

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I think TMC is quite invested in the "Toyota+" strategy. Allion, Alphard, Crown, Harrier, Sequoia are proof they want to elevate part of the brand to premium status. The "Toyota+" lineup always existed in JDM because Lexus has low brand recognition there. But now they are expanding it to international markets as well, first with ChDM Crown sub-brand.

In NA we probably see Venza getting a PHV model "Venza Prime" matching NX450h+ (with JBL audio, by the way). Crown getting the Direct 4 "Crown Majesta" model bigger and more luxurious than any ES. And of course Sequoia Capstone is already intentionally made to be much more desirable than LX.

After Lexus became a full EV brand there will be lots of traditional Lexus customers with nothing to buy. Then those Toyota+ products will absorb that demographic. NX buyers switch to Harrier, ES to Crown, LX to Sequoia.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
I think TMC is quite invested in the "Toyota+" strategy. Allion, Alphard, Crown, Harrier, Sequoia are proof they want to elevate part of the brand to premium status. The "Toyota+" lineup always existed in JDM because Lexus has low brand recognition there. But now they are expanding it to international markets as well, first with ChDM Crown sub-brand.

In NA we probably see Venza getting a PHV model "Venza Prime" matching NX450h+ (with JBL audio, by the way). Crown getting the Direct 4 "Crown Majesta" model bigger and more luxurious than any ES. And of course Sequoia Capstone is already intentionally made to be much more desirable than LX.

After Lexus became a full EV brand there will be lots of traditional Lexus customers with nothing to buy. Then those Toyota+ products will absorb that demographic. NX buyers switch to Harrier, ES to Crown, LX to Sequoia.
Some of the luxury models aren't as luxurious as they used to be for instance the 13th gen crown was packed with features like
-Massaging seats (majesta)
-Air suspension (majesta)
-Rear seat center airbag
-Coolbox
-Leg pass through for passenger side just like century (royal saloon g and majesta)
These are said features that made crown special but to reduce price these were all removed from 14th gen and since then toyota has been seeing a drop in sales in japan and the germans have growing sales in the same segment

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
BestCar is reporting Crown SUV development is on hold/cancelled due to strong opposition from dealers. The GA-K 4 door coupe will still be released. A traditional FR 3-box sedan is now under development. Maybe Mag-X got it right this time?

The render still has a coupe like sloping roof.
CROWN-SCOOP.jpg

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Anyone have any idea what the MY23 Crown launching in the NADM is suppose to be then? Planning a launch event isnt something they pull out because the weather felt like it?

Reactions
BestCar is reporting Crown SUV development is on hold/cancelled due to strong opposition from dealers. The GA-K 4 door coupe will still be released. A traditional FR 3-box sedan is now under development. Maybe Mag-X got it right this time?

The render still has a coupe like sloping roof.
View attachment 5812
I pray this means the 5th Gen Lexus GS will also make a comeback.

Reactions
Found this on Toyota USA's press site. These sure look like longitudinal engined cars with their long hoods and low profiles, and styling cues that seem to take after the Avalon and Camry but are not identical to anything we've seen before. I bet these are facelifted S220s.HQC-Livestream-Poster-Image-Lineup-1-002-1500x565.jpg

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
It has a longer front overhang and the cover on the front grille ever so slightly resembles that of the current crown

Reactions
The overall profile of these mystery cars resemble the current Crown with nose styling taking after the Avalon and Camry a bit (likely for consistency with the global lineup) so I'm crossing my fingers