16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
The earthquake seems to have done a lot of damage manufacturers partially suspend production due to the shortage of parts crown included wonder if they'll delay the next gen

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
So toyota is going to launch the next gen in May yet they're going to export the current gen to China

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I saw something on here about development of a next gen Avalon... with Crown, Mirai, Camry and ES, how does a new Avalon make sense? Where will that slot in?

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
I saw something on here about development of a next gen Avalon... with Crown, Mirai, Camry and ES, how does a new Avalon make sense? Where will that slot in?
I think they scrapped that idea and merged the crown and avalon into a single car

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
The next crown is going to be awd with rear wheel bias although with a transverse engine, modern engines are smaller and can easily fit in tranverse mounting.
And it just makes more sense for toyota to go in that direction as they can share costs with other cars and yet maintain that rear wheel bias.
Though i really wish they make it luxurious like the 13th gen

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
End of an era i guess

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Yes that's what mag x reported last june since than bestcar has said e axle
I don't have subscription to mag x and since than they have published something about crown but they do have a better track record than bestcar

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
I think the AWD with rear bias makes more sense otherwise, whats the point of canceling the Avalon
Marketing avalon is probably cheaper to make tham crown and most likely the next gen crown will be cheaper to make than current crown, so if they wamted to launch the avalon in japan name change would be compulsory because no one would consider an avalon over a crown even if the crown didn't exist anymore, and the crown coming to the US has created a lot of hype

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
An EV in 2024

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions