16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Guys, I know all what you are saying and I already believe in it
But, from the previous year their were a rumors that the next gen RX will be based on FR

So as we already start hearing it will be based on Crown Cross and not saying TNGA-K

Is it means that we maybe see a surprise by letting both jump on FR instead of FF ?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I wish we could put money on the "RX being RWD" rumor because I know I'll win that one 🤣

Look at NX: GA-K with full time AWD for gas and many hybrid options. That is exactly how RX will come, and TX as well.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I wish we could put money on the "RX being RWD" rumor because I know I'll win that one 🤣

Look at NX: GA-K with full time AWD for gas and many hybrid options. That is exactly how RX will come, and TX as well.

Of course

Levi

Expert
Reactions
looks like FWD Mercedes R Class

dreaming of anything RWD at this point is delusional. GR86, LC and maybe next gen IS, maybe, but I don't think. There is no evidence Toyota will use Mazda's RWD platform.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Just in from Bestcar.

878dffeea2e451ff81adab61adaa1cbc1.jpg

d933fa10ebea3ee3ad23204cf9acb2d8.jpg

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Interesting looks like the Mirai with little changes. If done right could take on tesla

Reactions
Just in from Bestcar.

878dffeea2e451ff81adab61adaa1cbc1.jpg

d933fa10ebea3ee3ad23204cf9acb2d8.jpg

It's FF. 😩😭

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
If the rumor is true that it will be FF, wouldn't that make it a bit similar to the Avalon? In the US, I know the Avalon was canceled, but was it to make room for this new Crown?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
If the rumor is true that it will be FF, wouldn't that make it a bit similar to the Avalon? In the US, I know the Avalon was canceled, but was it to make room for this new Crown?
Would explain the Crown trademark for the US

Reactions
Perhaps GA-K based AWD? We can have the ES with an AWD system, or even a “easier” Hybrid AWD.

But that version of AWD is a pile of garbage. We need to move on from that.

We need more AWD systems like the one from the GR Yaris or the DTV AWD system from the Highlander and RAV4.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Who said it's GA-K
Who said it will turn to be an ES and take Avalon role,
The Crown always had a heritage name miles over the ES
It's name can be between GS and LS
And honestly, this rendering looks a lot like a Mirai
Maybe a new GA-N
Maybe GA-K with Yaris GR AWD
Crown always sold by heritage and prestige which Toyota won't mess with them

supra93

Expert
Reactions

■ How will the Crown & Skyline change and evolve?​

● The bell of "Great Transformation" rings for traditional brands

The first birth was the 1955 Crown and the 1957 Skyline. Both of them have one of the best history of domestic cars, and now they are at a major turning point.

Both cars have not been officially announced and rumors are ahead, but whatever happens, it is highly unlikely that the same trend will continue.

First of all, the Crown is sure to stop the traditional FR layout and switch to FF. TNGA's GA-K platform for FF, which is used in Lexus ES and Camry, is used.

Considering the history so far, that alone is a big change, but as you know, there are rumors that you will quit the sedan and switch to an SUV.

Information to clarify the truth has not yet been obtained, but as long as we are conducting peripheral coverage at dealers, the possibility seems to be quite high.

On the other hand, there is also information that traditional sedans will be left in addition to SUVs in response to corporate demand.

In this case, there is a possibility that the sedan will be the Crown and the SUV will be the Crown + subname. In both cases, the drive system is FF.

At present, Toyota's next Crown can be said to have all possibilities for FF sedans, SUVs, and FCVs. The image is the expected CG of the fuel cell version

In addition, there is another movement in the Crown, and there is information that the next model will appear as a fuel cell vehicle based on MIRAI. Only MIRAI, which has been reborn as rear-wheel drive, can be regarded as a legitimate form of evolution in a sense.

In this way, definitive information has not yet been obtained, but there is a theory that the next model will appear at the earliest this year, and it seems that development under the surface is progressing considerably.

Expected CG for FF sedan version (Image is expected CG by the best car editorial department)

Expected CG for SUV version. As far as I can follow the information, the next Crown has all these possibilities, and it will change drastically anyway (the image is the predicted CG by the best car editorial department).

Levi

Expert
Reactions
makes no sense. what is the next IS/RC going to be? they won't make RWD platform for only 1 car? LS is dead, I expect no evolution, no successor, if not BEV.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Leaked sources from a FAW-Toyota dealer suggests new Crown coming to China as a 'hatchback' in 2022. Probably related to the new 'Crown SUV' from Bestcar's renders.

I haven't seen any bid request under new codenames from FT which makes me question the validity of this rumor. These new codenames usually appear 2 years before production. The only two new projects publicly revealed are 290D (a BEV, likely BZ4X) and 121E (2ZR-FXE performance upgrade program).

Last edited:

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Leaked sources from a FAW-Toyota dealer suggests new Crown coming to China as a 'hatchback' in 2022. Probably related to the new 'Crown SUV' from Bestcar's renders.

I haven't seen any bid request under new codenames from FT which makes me question the validity of this rumor. These new codenames usually appear 2 years before production. The only two new projects publicly revealed are 290D (a BEV, likely BZ4X) and 121E (2ZR-FXE performance upgrade program).
If a new Crown is coming to China next year, work would have started on it a few years ago. Toyota is so good at keeping secrets.