16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
20221020_031732.jpgIf they body colour those slide panels and remove that plastic cladding or replace it with chrome or aluminum it will look a lot more premium. 20221019_154459.jpgSide by side the newer one doesn't really look that high but the older one just looks and feels more premium.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
$54k for the platinum, in this sedan market, for a mainstream branded product.

😳

Reactions
Damn Road and Track, MT and C&D were impressed by how it drives. This is the standard that TNGA-K platforms should be aiming for. Efficient, comfortable, yet pretty damn capable.

Don't look at C&D comments if you don't want an aneurysm.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Not sure where else to put this, but I really hate this new frond end Toyota is using on everything: bZ4x, bZ3, Crown, etc.

It's really bionic and stupid looking. This Crown is cool and has a lot of legitimate merits, but the front end is BUSTED. I really hope Camry, Corolla, Prius, etc aren't getting this soon.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Not sure where else to put this, but I really hate this new frond end Toyota is using on everything: bZ4x, bZ3, Crown, etc.

It's really bionic and stupid looking. This Crown is cool and has a lot of legitimate merits, but the front end is BUSTED. I really hope Camry, Corolla, Prius, etc aren't getting this soon.
I am ok with front. It is the rear that has me more worried.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
$54k for the platinum, in this sedan market, for a mainstream branded product.

😳

Lexus ES US prices.jpg

The Crown is as expensive as the Lexus ES (in the USA) -- or even more expensive in the case of the Crown Platinum with Hybrid Max -- yet the ES has the much better interior (and more aspirational badge).

What is Toyota thinking?

Does this mean that Lexus will be raising prices of the ES?

Will1991

Reactions
Another indication that the ES might replace the LS sedan? Maybe go a bit upmarket in the top trims? We should get a ES500h, with the same powertrain in the Crown it should be a no brainer.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
If the ES replaces the LS, do we lose the entry-level sedan? That would be unfortunate. Or could we have a wider range of ES trims and models, from entry-level to powerful and luxurious?

On the widening of the range, I agree we should get an ES 500h, in addition to an ES 450h+ PHEV, seeing that the Crown will soon get a PHEV model.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
If the ES replaces the LS, do we lose the entry-level sedan? That would be unfortunate. Or could we have a wider range of ES trims and models, from entry-level to powerful and luxurious?

On the widening of the range, I agree we should get an ES 500h, in addition to an ES 450h+ PHEV, seeing that the Crown will soon get a PHEV model.
While we are at it, ES 550h+.....

.....and IS 600 F Sport Performance.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Another indication that the ES might replace the LS sedan? Maybe go a bit upmarket in the top trims? We should get a ES500h, with the same powertrain in the Crown it should be a no brainer.
If we do I hope it's not ES500h FSP like the RX. It should just be ES500h standard with an optional F Sport handling for more sporty driving. 367hp in an ES would be amazing.