12th Generation E120 Toyota Corolla Thread (Hatch, Sedan, Cross, GR)

Jeonsa

Fan
Reactions
The Corolla already looks great. It doesn't need the boxy style front bumper openings from the GR Yaris. That, IMO, doesn't really match the style of the Corolla HB anyway.
Agreed, they just need some minor adjustments, but overall this probably means we’re getting a reveal sooner than we thought

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
The Corolla already looks great. It doesn't need the boxy style front bumper openings from the GR Yaris. That, IMO, doesn't really match the style of the Corolla HB anyway.
Ik, the standard Corolla hatchback is already a really cool looking car, I just don't want it to look too similar to the regular Corolla hatchback because you know some people are going to start chirping at Toyota for not making it stand out enough from the normal model.

Toyota is completely taking the spotlight from Subaru and especially aCuRa🤣, the comments and feedback about GR Corolla have mostly been pretty positive, the same can't be said about the new WRX and the new Integra LuXury(oh it's just called Integra for this new generation? My bad)

Jeonsa

Fan
Reactions
Ik, the standard Corolla hatchback is already a really cool looking car, I just don't want it to look too similar to the regular Corolla hatchback because you know some people are going to start chirping at Toyota for not making it stand out enough from the normal model.

Toyota is completely taking the spotlight from Subaru and especially aCuRa🤣, the comments and feedback about GR Corolla have mostly been pretty positive, the same can't be said about the new WRX and the new Integra LuXury(oh it's just called Integra for this new generation? My bad)
I mean granted when the GR Yaris came out and people heard we were getting the same thing but as a Corolla they were negative as well. I’m just happy we have options

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Confirms my suspicion that the hydrogen powered Corolla hatchback has AWD, it's basically a GR Corolla prototype hiding in plain sight, so testing the GR Corolla under racing conditions but also testing a hydrogen powered ICE car under racing conditions, kill 2 birds with one stone, I hope the production car also has fenders that are that WIDE.

Edit: BTW the hydrogen powered Corolla hatchback now makes around 300ps, a 20% increase in power from where they started, so take that as a hint for the GR Corolla's power output.

Last edited:

Jeonsa

Fan
Reactions
Confirms my suspicion that the hydrogen powered Corolla hatchback has AWD, it's basically a GR Corolla prototype hiding in plain sight, so testing the GR Corolla under racing conditions but also testing a hydrogen powered ICE car under racing conditions, kill 2 birds with one stone, I hope the production car also has fenders that are that WIDE.
Yeah I had those suspicions too, whenever people say “how do they have a camo GRC but we never seen it in public?”

I kept a close eye on the rookie racing just because the hydrogen tech, but when I read on Toyota times that it had a modified G16e and the Yaris AWD, I was like yeah they’re sneaky.

I’m sure they also have a actual petrol version running alongside it.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
The new 197hp M20A hybrid announced in the european Corolla Cross could make a great middle point between the standard M20A Corolla and the GR Corolla, IMO. I would be willing to give up my 6MT for an extra 30hp and a 50% improvement in fuel efficiency. I typically get 31-33mpg in my Corolla due to traffic on my commute. I expect I'd be closer to the mid-40s with a hybrid based on what I've seen from the Rav4 hybrid I occasionally drive.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Hope the next Prius to be a test bed as always and comes with Hydrogen ICE/ Electric plug-in combo,

That will be the future, and I can finally say that I am ready to put my gasoline ICE in garage

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I don't know if Best Car is just recycling their previous rumours for the GR Corolla or do they have new insider info as confirmation for all the details about the GR Corolla.

Reactions
I don't know if Best Car is just recycling their previous rumours for the GR Corolla or do they have new insider info as confirmation for all the details about the GR Corolla.

What does it say?

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I kinda doubt Toyota would bother to offer an automatic transmission for the GR Corolla, their existing transverse automatic transmissions aren't meant for true high performance cars and they probably can't justify developing an automatic transmission or heavily modifying an existing one just for a most likely lowish-volume model, unless they are really committed to make the GR Corolla as popular as possible(within reason lol).

Reactions
Apart from the 300PS power everything is same as GR Yaris. After two years they will also introduce automatic transmission (why?!).

Price starts at low-4 million Yen (~USD 36k).

I've heard that the automatic is going to be a thing in the GR Corolla. The question is... what automatic will they pair to the G16E-GTS?