16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Fcev might make its way to california
Here's hoping it would, about time a big rwd sedan under the Toyota brand make its way back to US shores.

When was the last time a rwd Toyota-branded sedan(the Mirai aside because it's such a niche car) was sold in the US, the Cressida from the 1980s?

Last edited:

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
If the mirai was slightly shorter it would have made a great replacement to the mark x with a hybrid setup and sporty drive whereas the crown sedan could be a luxury machine but size wise they are very close

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
With the Mirai sport and the Crown sedan being produced there's no reason why the GS shouldn't be introduced back into the mix.

I wonder what they did with the Mirai to make it become sporty.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
View attachment 7282

God I love it so much. Boxy, yet also sleek and upright, and also a hint of sportyness. Short front overhang, relatively low beltline.. such a simple yet good design.
Love those fan blade style wheels too and its dark vapour chrome finish. The design philosophy of the new Crown sedan and that new awkward looking 5 series seem to be the exact opposite of each other lol 🤣.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Love those fan blade style wheels too and its dark vapour chrome finish. The design philosophy of the new Crown sedan and that new awkward looking 5 series seem to be the exact opposite of each other lol 🤣.
EXACTLY! BMW needs to take a note out of the Toyota's book. Short overhang, flat and low beltline, sharp defined body line while maintaining a simple profile.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
EXACTLY! BMW needs to take a note out of the Toyota's book. Short overhang, flat and low beltline, sharp defined body line while maintaining a simple profile.
The funny thing is short overhang, low beltline and clean body lines are the things that BMW used to do. I don't hate the looks of the Bangle era of BMWs, but I legitimately thought all the BMWs that come after that generation were going to look mostly fine, but boy was I wrong 😂.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Got it with 700 miles on the clock…. Mahn this thing is good… 600 miles a tank.. this is a limited model so 236hp and 41 MPG with a 14.5 gallon tank. Even me beating it up gets 30 MPG….
Interior is near Lexus levels and I like the deaign.. still so so on the exterior but I don’t hate it. Everyone else around me loves it.

My JDM friends on my FB page hate it and are outraged lol…

IMG_4928.jpegIMG_4936.jpeg