The all-new BMW 2 Series Coupé (G42)

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
That's a BS article.
I’m not a car enthusiast, but I know people tend to hate fake ****. (Just look at the fake meat industry. It’s not doing so well.) It stands to reason that they will hate this.
If you're not a car enthusiast.. don't comment on what car enthusiasts will like or not like. Obviously they will "hate" it compared to a real manual transmission, but with the inevitable future switch to fully EV lineups, enthusiasts will certainly enjoy the simulated manuals more than just regular EVs.

Also the fake meat industry is doing fine, it's just expensive.
The fact that it’s centering on manual transmissions is especially weird, given that technology has been in decline for decades now.
IT'S DESIGNED FOR ENTHUSIASTS, NOT FOR MASS USE :mad:

Sorry, this article pissed me the F off.

Reactions
That's a BS article.

If you're not a car enthusiast.. don't comment on what car enthusiasts will like or not like. Obviously they will "hate" it compared to a real manual transmission, but with the inevitable future switch to fully EV lineups, enthusiasts will certainly enjoy the simulated manuals more than just regular EVs.

Also the fake meat industry is doing fine, it's just expensive.

IT'S DESIGNED FOR ENTHUSIASTS, NOT FOR MASS USE :mad:

Sorry, this article pissed me the F off.

I appreciate you getting pissed off on my behalf too. I won't be clicking on that article now. :^)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
That's a rubbish time on PS Cup 2 tires. BMW suddenly forgot how to make light cars in this generation. They got a "compact car" record with something heavier than the E39 M5.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
That's a rubbish time on PS Cup 2 tires. BMW suddenly forgot how to make light cars in this generation. They got a "compact car" record with something heavier than the E39 M5.
When SavageGeese put the GR Supra and the new M2 on the same tire, the Supra still put down a slightly faster lap time than the M2 despite the M2 being much faster than the Supra in a straight line. The 2 series coupe range as a whole are really more like larger sedans disguised as compact RWD coupes than proper sports cars.

mikeavelli

Reactions
BMW “We have the compact vehicle record”
Honda- “We have the compact fwd made on Wednesday with the workers getting pizza on Friday in a car no one can buy but in Europe lap record”

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
When SavageGeese put the GR Supra and the new M2 on the same tire, the Supra still put down a slightly faster lap time than the M2 despite the M2 being much faster than the Supra in a straight line. The 2 series coupe range as a whole are really more like larger sedans disguised as compact RWD coupes than proper sports cars.
I feel like I'm grasping at straws here LOL

The 1er and 2er Coupes have ALWAYS been a shorter 3er/4er Coupe. It's never been a dedicated sports car designed from the ground up. And this is the fastest gen yet, of course the 2-seater dedicated sports car is quicker.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
I feel like I'm grasping at straws here LOL

The 1er and 2er Coupes have ALWAYS been a shorter 3er/4er Coupe. It's never been a dedicated sports car designed from the ground up. And this is the fastest gen yet, of course the 2-seater dedicated sports car is quicker.

The 2/m2 and the Supra are the best sport coupes out there without majorly breaking the bank. In this day and age, be happy they even exist, few more years and there wont be anything under 150k to get excited over.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The 2/m2 and the Supra are the best sport coupes out there without majorly breaking the bank. In this day and age, be happy they even exist, few more years and there wont be anything under 150k to get excited over.
Alpine A110 (much lighter) and Porsche 718 (the best in every measure) are not more expensive than the two above.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Alpine A110 (much lighter) and Porsche 718 (the best in every measure) are not more expensive than the two above.
For the Porsche in Europe yes, but in the US not quite, because in typical VW Group fashion they overcharged the crap out of US customers or they'll sell it at a similar price but throw away a bunch of features in the US-spec cars like for example the US-spec Golf R, a $44k+ car that doesn't come with power folding mirrors and one touch up & & down windows as standard, sometimes other US-spec VW models get cheaper and uglier taillights and are missing sequential turn signals that are standard on the non-US-spec cars.

Och

Admirer
Reactions

I've never even heard of the Alpine, but Porsche is going to be quite a bit more expensive, especially with options. Either way, I don't even care much for cars anymore, but its a good thing the Supra and 2 Series even exist anymore. With whatever shortcomings they may have, they are still moderately priced enthusiast cars, of which there aren't many left.

Soon enought there wont be anything besides electric garbage.