Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Why did anyone want an LC F?

Surely if you want that kind of car you're better off with a better starting point than a heavyweight GT car?

Personally, I always hated the idea of an LC F because the LC is supposed to be elegant luxury and the type of flashy carbon garbage like in that rendered car doesn't suit it at all.

Reactions

Surely if you want that kind of car you're better off with a better starting point than a heavyweight GT car?

Personally, I always hated the idea of an LC F because the LC is supposed to be elegant luxury and the type of flashy carbon garbage like in that rendered car doesn't suit it at all.

But the thing is that the LC never manifested its weight. To reiterate, it drives a lot lighter than it actually does.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
But the thing is that the LC never manifested its weight. To reiterate, it drives a lot lighter than it actually does.

Eh. It drives well for what it weighs, but it's weight is not ever forgotten. Toss around an IS 500 with the same V8 - it feels worlds lighter and more playful.

Of course with weight comes solidity, smoothness, etc, but the LC has always been 200-400lbs overweight and that is what ultimately killed the LC F.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Akio Toyoda said LC-F needs 'way more power' when he test drove the prototype when it had 600PS. To match the power-to-weight ratio of LFA it needs over 750PS. A 650PS LC-F will NOT be nearly fast enough in this segment (in fact it will only be ~10% faster than A90 Supra.

With such a heavy base car it easily becomes a death spiral of adding more power then more weight to handle that much power. So it's likely Morizo will never approve the project without changing it significantly (either downgrade it into FSP or start working on a much lighter base car).

mikeavelli

Reactions

it would be for someone like me. Fan of the brand wanting their best performance car. I love my LC 500 but something even more rare and better performing makes me moist.

I also see what you are saying, LC is very Aston to me a classy super product.

With rumors that F is getting a big think over I’m excited for what’s coming.

Reactions
it would be for someone like me. Fan of the brand wanting their best performance car. I love my LC 500 but something even more rare and better performing makes me moist.

I thought you said there were legit stuff coming up.

James

Founding Member
Reactions

Yeah that’s how I feel as well. The LC looked like it could have been in a new Bond movie like how the Aston looks but the Aston has way more power. LCF could have been that but alas it isn’t. LC is still amazing but an LCF would have been sweet.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
i do imagine the LC to come with TTV8, but nothing supercar/911 Turbo S like. the car is just too heavy. i think LS will remain as it till death until replaced by LZ (electric LS), after all that is the way the S Class and goes with EQS and 7 Series with i7 and A8 with what was shown as Grandsphere Concept. Jaguar XJ successor was also supposed to be BEV only like i-Pace, but the project was killed. Jaguar will go the way of Infiniti.

i think the LC and LS can come with V8, but just for the time being, and only in specific regions, if the TTV8 can push some more of the sales left. as the LS may stay on sale till the electric (or even hydrogen) LS, so the LC may stay till new RC arrives, which I think can be both luxurious and sporty being lighter, with a wider range of engines, that is PHEV I4 and HEV I4 and V6 turbo.

i cannot do any accurate comparison, for one because equipment, for the other because I do not know how FWD/RWD/AWD affects the numbers, but after rough calculations:
  • 2GR: baseline
  • 2GR hybrid: +150 kg over 2GR (RX350 AWD vs RX450h and GS350 vs GS450h comp.), +50 kg over 2UR (LC500h vs LC500 comp.)
  • 2UR: +100 kg over 2UR (RC350 vs RC F, comp. until data of IS350 vs IS 500 available, crosschecked with GS350 vs GS460)
  • V35A: +40 kg over 2GR hybrid (LS500 AWD vs LS500h AWD), so estimated 90-100 kg over 2U5 (kind of hard to believe when comparing Genesis 3.3 TTV6 with Genesis 5.0 NAV6, where the V8 is only about 20kg heavier, BMW S55 is still slightly lighter than BMW S65)
taking those numbers, LC with V35A hybrid would add from 150 to 200 kg over 2UR, which already is not light. if Lexus TTV6 is so much heavier than NA V8, how much heavier would TTV8 be? and how would TTV8 compare to TTV6 hybrid in terms of weight? we'll have more insight once we get Tundra TTV6 and TTV6 hybrid weight difference. still, at this point, a TTV8 might make more sense than a TTV6 hybrid, even is barely lighter, which is less the case for trucks, where the hybrid setup is even better for towing, without the battery draining as in pure BEV, and the truck would be more efficient in daily urban commute.

LC has the looks of Lamborghini performance, but the weight of Bentley luxury. redoing to LC lightweight is equivalent to LFA II development cost but on compromised chassis (in terms of weight and packaging).

IS500 F Sport and LC "whatever they call TTV8 swap", will just be enthusiast stopgaps until next gen RC, if BEVs have not completely taken over from a legislative perspective.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Suppose this is just my own ignorance, but a trademark being left to expire can't totally mean that the whole project is gone for good? Projects get delayed all the time and we've never truly got a announcement saying that there's an LC F in the pipeline either, just bits and snubs about how they have "Other plans for F", whatever that's supposed to mean. Granted, I don't expect we'll ever get anything on the level of the LFA anytime soon, I don't think they went out of their way to develop a Super GT racecar, and a Nurburgring 24 racecar testing twin-turbo V8 prototypes for nothing. Hell, I don't expect this to blow the doors off of every other vehicle out in the segment either despite their strong showing in the aforementioned race series', that's just not the direction they're trying to go for their street cars right now. That said, whatever they're doing, I think they're trying to put their best foot forward for what they can do with the platform, and however long that'll take, I'm game to wait it out. Not that I can do much of anything else for the time being 😅

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
If they have not acted on the since the 2 years they initially filed, its basically official.
The production of their V8 engines is also scheduled to be winding down by the end of this current generation GX.

hdx

Reactions
Lexus Racing USA just posted a teaser with a LC in front of a background with the F logo... very interesting
1.png

Photo with exposure bumped up, clearly is a LC model or something inspired by it

278956478_5293682290671346_7047268274397475167_n.jpg

Lexus/Toyota also filed a patent last year for a twin turbo V8 that still hasn't been used yet.... One could hope

Last edited:

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Lexus Racing USA just posted a teaser with a LC in front of a background with the F logo... very interesting
View attachment 5775

Photo with exposure bumped up, clearly is a LC model or something inspired by it

View attachment 5776

Lexus/Toyota also filed a patent last year for a twin turbo V8 that still hasn't been used yet.... One could hope

Can kinda see the spoiler on the back...similar to the whatever special edition that is. But isn't the twin-turbo patent debunked already?
And since it is "Lexus Racing USA" posting, it is highly likely another US-exclusive thing like the IS500 FSP. Please I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions
1650563202870.png
Here's an interesting screen shot from the RZ reveal. Why is there a LC in this picture?
Lexus has done too much testing and spent way too much money on the TTV8 LC to not bring something out. No engine bulge on the car featured here but kinda interesting.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
View attachment 5777
Here's an interesting screen shot from the RZ reveal. Why is there a LC in this picture?
Lexus has done too much testing and spent way too much money on the TTV8 LC to not bring something out. No engine bulge on the car featured here but kinda interesting.

Plate says LC 500h, so it is the hybrid version.

Reactions
Plate says LC 500h, so it is the hybrid version.
I saw that after I posted. I think they are saying we have different powertrain options, including a traditional Hybrid, a plug in Hybrid and a full electric. But did you see th UX300h plate? First I've heard of that. I was hoping they might have had something special in the works, like a Direct4 LC with PHEV and TTV8. I'm just a dreamer! LOL

Levi

Expert
Reactions
No, did not notice. Would they add "50" for Corolla Cross output of 199 PS, such small increase over 184 PS?

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The bulge is one thing, the F logo is another tease...I wonder what those words under the F logo is saying..."The mark of performance"