BMW X6: The ugliest car?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I tried to search first to see if there were other X6 threads, and there weren't any. So, that brings me to my point: I feel like the X6 might possibly be the ugliest car in production right now.

Sure, from the front it's stereotypical BMW, and from the back, it's freaky but OK... and none of that is so offensive. But the rest of the vehicle, and especially together as one package, is absolutely, completely disgusting. And somehow, it's even uglier in top trims, like the X6 M Competition.

bmw-x6-m-inspire-mg-competition-desktop-02.jpg

2020-bmw-x6-m-104-1583433657.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-05-13-at-2.17.47-PM.png

2020-BMW-X6-rear.jpg

The GLE and GLC coupes are fine looking, the Q8 is nice, and I just can't understand how BMW - who started this segment - is getting it so, so wrong.

Thoughts?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Yes this X6 is really ugly. I was a big fan of the X6 when it came out. It did make sense to be, being not an off-road car, not a van, not a sportscar, but a mix of all that in a rare create a very well-rounded package. Now the GLC Coupe is also my favorite in class, even better than Macan, It has a very nice profile look. By the way I am a huge Acura ZDX fan (if only it came as planned with RWD V8).

As for the new X6, it is ugly in every way and does not ressemble the original one bit. Some how even with 22" wheels, the look tiny for the car. I also see that it sell very badly, I see many old X6(gen1/2), but very rarely the new one, customers must not like it.

MichaelL

Follower
Reactions
Ugly car? X6 is fairly ugly, my vote goes to the MB G wagon, expensive, box, thing. Terrible, looks like a Nissan Cube thing but for over 100k! I literally laugh every time I see one, thinking about how the owner is kidding himself/herself into thinking they have something....

Levi

Expert
Reactions
little credit is given to the infiniti fx being the first performance/handling focused suv with coupeish styling and v8 power.

don't tell me it lacked a manual (eventhough it would be crazy nice)

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
When the X6 first debuted a number of years ago, I also thought it was awkward-looking. But I wouldn't agree it's the ugliest thing in the American market.....there are far worse designs. Unfortunately, some of them, such as the latest Prius and C-HR, come from Toyota.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
but the new x6 is really ugly as is the new 4 coupe and in fact every new bmw.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
When the X6 first debuted a number of years ago, I also thought it was awkward-looking. But I wouldn't agree it's the ugliest thing in the American market.....there are far worse designs. Unfortunately, some of them, such as the latest Prius and C-HR, come from Toyota.

This is the third generation one we're talking about.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Yes, I know....but the 2Gen and 3Gen didn't change the styling very much.

the 2nd is a huge facelift (like new is plus interior), the 3rd one changes very much. it is maybe because you don't like the 1st/2nd that you don't see how bad the 3rd one is. the think is even those who like x6 in general don't like the new one, and for me it reflects in sales (well maybe covid19 also has it part).

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah, the real crime of BMW's ugly cars is that they're also making genuinely good looking ones.

I just want the BMW proportions and class leading style again. They used to lead and not follow.

Honda’s Accord and most sedans used to follow the 5 series. Now they follow Audi and the A6.