2019 ES 350/300h RollCall and Negotiation Experiences

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Happy to say I am a proud owner of a 2019 ES 300h Ultra Luxury - Fully Loaded (every single option)!

Starting this thread to collect/share real owner reviews of our new toys! I test drove two separately trimmed ES 300h's before purchasing. I will spend the following seven days going through the vehicle and will share my thoughts after 1 week of ownership! Impressed, satisfied, and confident I will be keeping until it dies.

Location: SoCal - excellent dealership experience and several compliments before driving vehicle off the lot. Lots of staring too!
Official Release: Labor Day, however, Lexus dealers are now authorized to "softly" sell the 2019 ES's.

Now to my negotiation and to assist others with getting their dealer to budge on the MSRP:

-Dealers are indeed attempting to charge MSRP: "we're offering 2018's at a large discount already"
-Military, Recent/Upcoming College grad, and Lexus Loyalty discounts are available* on the 2019 until SEP 04
-I was able to apply the military and Lexus loyalty discounts ($750 + $750)...these expire on TUESDAY SEP 04
-Dealer granted additional cash on trade-in of 5th GEN ES (couple hundred) after politely whining and reassuring I am trying to purchase a vehicle immediately
-Arrived with my own financing, but agreed to Lexus terms under the following conditions that came with a reduced additional cost:
1. Increase bumper to bumper warranty to 100,000 miles 7 years (reduced cost)
2. Match Gap insurance with my own financing option (reduced by $500)
3. Add Protective sealant to semi-aniline leather and exterior paint
4. Tire replacement (not patching) for nails, damage, etc.
5. Match my own financing's apr (they came within 0.40%) while keeping term length
6. Additional options

Total saving off MSRP (WITHOUT THE NEED TO ACCEPT ITEMS 1-4): $1,700 ~3.11% off my model's MSRP.
Savings did not require me to get add-ons, dealer options I wanted, etc.
Overall, they get more money out of me while I get a little piece of mind and primarily....Convenience. This course of action is not for everyone, especially those that don't care to get dealer options/extended warranties, etc.

Once again, a 1 week of ownership review (WITH PICTURES) is forthcoming!

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Congratulations! I've seen a white 2019 ES 350 at Glendale Lexus and looks awesome. I've always liked the ES line...

Reactions
Hi ,I also just purchases a 2019 ES hybrid, and look so nice. I love it. My question is How much it will cost to add the protective sealant to the leather seat and paint? is it worth it? Thanks

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
Happy to say I am a proud owner of a 2019 ES 300h Ultra Luxury - Fully Loaded (every single option)!

Starting this thread to collect/share real owner reviews of our new toys! I test drove two separately trimmed ES 300h's before purchasing. I will spend the following seven days going through the vehicle and will share my thoughts after 1 week of ownership! Impressed, satisfied, and confident I will be keeping until it dies.

Location: SoCal - excellent dealership experience and several compliments before driving vehicle off the lot. Lots of staring too!
Official Release: Labor Day, however, Lexus dealers are now authorized to "softly" sell the 2019 ES's.

Now to my negotiation and to assist others with getting their dealer to budge on the MSRP:

-Dealers are indeed attempting to charge MSRP: "we're offering 2018's at a large discount already"
-Military, Recent/Upcoming College grad, and Lexus Loyalty discounts are available* on the 2019 until SEP 04
-I was able to apply the military and Lexus loyalty discounts ($750 + $750)...these expire on TUESDAY SEP 04
-Dealer granted additional cash on trade-in of 5th GEN ES (couple hundred) after politely whining and reassuring I am trying to purchase a vehicle immediately
-Arrived with my own financing, but agreed to Lexus terms under the following conditions that came with a reduced additional cost:
1. Increase bumper to bumper warranty to 100,000 miles 7 years (reduced cost)
2. Match Gap insurance with my own financing option (reduced by $500)
3. Add Protective sealant to semi-aniline leather and exterior paint
4. Tire replacement (not patching) for nails, damage, etc.
5. Match my own financing's apr (they came within 0.40%) while keeping term length
6. Additional options

Total saving off MSRP (WITHOUT THE NEED TO ACCEPT ITEMS 1-4): $1,700 ~3.11% off my model's MSRP.
Savings did not require me to get add-ons, dealer options I wanted, etc.
Overall, they get more money out of me while I get a little piece of mind and primarily....Convenience. This course of action is not for everyone, especially those that don't care to get dealer options/extended warranties, etc.

Once again, a 1 week of ownership review (WITH PICTURES) is forthcoming!

I'm looking at the ES 300h Ultra Luxury with all the options as well. Were you able to get it off the lot? I was told I'd have to special order with a wait of 3-4 months.

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
I'm looking at the ES 300h Ultra Luxury with all the options as well. Were you able to get it off the lot? I was told I'd have to special order with a wait of 3-4 months.

Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: The one I received was one of the few fully loaded builds on the first shipment to the US. It was originally on its way to Kansas, but my dealer was able to negotiate with the original destination and re-route it so I could purchase it. I was also told special order (4 months) would be needed if I wanted the "obsidian color". Since the one I got had all the options and was available, I settled with silver metallic, and to date, it has been extremely easy to keep clean and "appear" clean from a distance when it's dirty.

I'm still planning to post an owner's review soon. I've had mine since 8/31 (before the official release of labor day).

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Hi ,I also just purchases a 2019 ES hybrid, and look so nice. I love it. My question is How much it will cost to add the protective sealant to the leather seat and paint? is it worth it? Thanks

I think it depends on the dealer, but I paid (probably too much) $995. Since my purchase date of 8/31, it has been extremely easy to clean my interior and exterior. No major spills, no scratches (except slight curb rash underneath car in the rear right passenger area) :(

Reactions
I purchased a 2019 ES300h with Ultra trim about 5 weeks ago. Prior to making the purchase I was in touch with numerous Lexus dealers in my region and most of them implied that they would be pretty true to the sticker price but I would qualify for a Lexus loyalty incentive of $750. No way was I going to fall for that. So I remained patient and found an ES 300h at a dealership three hours away from my home and let them know that I was interested in buying it. After dealing entirely by phone including a very good and solid trade on my 2014 ES350, I settled on a $2965 dealer discount which, combined with the $750 loyalty incentive came to a $3715 discount. No requirement to purchase any extras whatsoever. I wrote a check for the car and drove it home. Very smooth and easy transaction. And best of all, I love the car!

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Congratulations billm555 on purchasing an ES hybrid and welcome to Lexus Enthusiast!

Reactions
I just started looking at the 2019 ES350, and so far have only been able to get MSRP sticker prices through my online communications. I was expecting more competitive price quotes, or at least some dealer rebates or incentives. Not much of a December to remember. I am also looking at 2018 ES350 leftovers and certified vehicles also, which might be a better deal at this point. Appreciate any insight or advise in terms of approaching negotiations. I was not expecting to pay MSRP....is that typical for Lexus?

RAL

Reactions
I just started looking at the 2019 ES350, and so far have only been able to get MSRP sticker prices through my online communications. I was expecting more competitive price quotes, or at least some dealer rebates or incentives. Not much of a December to remember. I am also looking at 2018 ES350 leftovers and certified vehicles also, which might be a better deal at this point. Appreciate any insight or advise in terms of approaching negotiations. I was not expecting to pay MSRP....is that typical for Lexus?
Welcome @jog1151
I would say paying MSRP is understandable when a redesign first comes to the market; when demand far exceeds supply. I have found the best time to deal is the end of a month when dealers are anxious to increase their monthly sales figures.

Reactions
Welcome @jog1151
I would say paying MSRP is understandable when a redesign first comes to the market; when demand far exceeds supply. I have found the best time to deal is the end of a month when dealers are anxious to increase their monthly sales figures.
Thank you for your input!

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions

At the very least, make sure they honor Lexus Loyalty (if you currently or previously owned one) and if you're a student/military...make sure they apply that discount as well. Also, when I said I had my own financing, they dropped financial terms to match what my credit union was offering.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Congratulations! Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the ES mark-up to die off. Yeah it sucks that mark-ups are commonplace and unchecked in China.

Reactions
Congrats, but it looks like they finessed you pretty well. You had to buy a ton of their warranties and coverages, even with your own financing? Which dealership did you go to? As long as you’re happy but it doesn’t seem like you got a great deal?

Reactions
At the very least, make sure they honor Lexus Loyalty (if you currently or previously owned one) and if you're a student/military...make sure they apply that discount as well. Also, when I said I had my own financing, they dropped financial terms to match what my credit union was offering.
you better look at an es 350 and check out the audio system ,read post on this sight ,the system is lousy

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
you better look at an es 350 and check out the audio system ,read post on this sight ,the system is lousy

I own a 19' ES 300h fully loaded with Mark Levinson Sound system...it sounds phenomenal to me and I receive nothing but compliments when others hear it.

I can't speak on the base pioneer 10 speaker system though, but the mark levinson package is definitely worth it for those on the fence of whether to choose pioneer or levinson. If your media takes advantage of more than just 2 channels or at least cd quality, that's a plus also.

I still owe the community a review of my ownership since I am now coming up on 3 months of ownership (dealer had approval to let me purchase before official release date). I plan to cover every little detail. Hopefully I can get it uploaded here within the coming weeks.

RAL

Reactions
Welcome @billm555 ... somehow I missed you are new to our group.
So glad you love your new ES! I am hoping for one in my not too distant future. Sounds like you got a good deal too!

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Congratulations! Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the ES mark-up to die off. Yeah it sucks that mark-ups are commonplace and unchecked in China.

Have you considered moving to North America if work permits you such as transferring?