supra93

Expert
Reactions
EAE7aVC.jpg

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
3.8s is very fast if true.

On that same page it says 4.8s, which makes more sense (and slower than Mk4). 3.8s is borderline impossible with that kind of power-to-weight ratio. It needs 100hp more to have sub-4s 0-60 time.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
On that same page it says 4.8s, which makes more sense (and slower than Mk4). 3.8s is borderline impossible with that kind of power-to-weight ratio. It needs 100hp more to have sub-4s 0-60 time.

could be different models... front pic has something about TMG edition.

Also, supposedly, there is 37hp extra in boost mode, i guess when conditions are right.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Rumored Supra:
Length: 172.4 inches
Wheelbase: 97.2 inches
Height: 50.8 inches
Width: 73 inches
Weight: 3,284 lbs
335hp

86:
Length: 166.7
Wheelbase: 101.2
Height: 51 inches
Width: 70 inches
Weight: 2,780lbs

The only measurement where the Supra is clearly larger than the 86 is length, and that is with a wheelbase that is 5" shorter. The 86 is already very light but considering a larger car with a 6 cylinder engine, I was never expecting the Supra to weigh only ~200lbs more.

Call me crazy, but the 86 might remain the more desirable car long term, especially if Toyota cancels it and replaces it with a "Celica Supra" at the bottom end.

86 will always be more sellable, simply because the pricing makes it possible for world wide buyers, while Supra buyer will be far and between, due to the taxes and all.

But I wonder how much having both makes sense, since customers worldwide want SUVs and not small sport cars.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

The M240i does 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. And that thing comes in at 3,500lbs.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
The Toyota Supra Road Car Probably Won't Be at Geneva, Will Debut in New York

Expect to only see the racing version at the Geneva Motor Show

Yesterday, we reported that an early copy of the Japanese magazine Best Car may have leaked details of the new Toyota Supra before its official debut. We’ve already seen our fair share of lightly camouflaged Supra prototypes, including the new spy shot above, so when Toyota finally reveals the new car, the design won’t be much of a surprise. But despite Toyota’s official teaser suggesting the reveal will be in a few weeks, it may be a little more complicated than that.

According to translations sent in by several readers (and one editor’s mother), Toyota only plans to show off a GTE-class racing version of the Supra at the Geneva Motor Show. The road car, on the other hand, won’t debut until the New York auto show at the end of next month. This, of course, depends entirely on Best Car‘s information being accurate, but SupraMKVforum staff seem to believe it is.

For fans anxious to see the new Supra’s interior, which engines and transmissions will be available, and potentially even a few performance statistics, this news probably comes as a disappointment. Sure, the race car will probably look a lot like the road-going Supra, but the interior will likely be stripped, and power output could be significantly different. If you want an idea of how the Supra road car will look, check out the spy shot above, provided by SupraMKV, which appears to show a Supra prototype wearing production-spec wheels.

Even if we do have to wait a little longer to see it in production trim, after more than 15 years of waiting, the new Supra is finally almost here, and that’s definitely worth getting excited about.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/th...wont-be-at-geneva-will-debut-in-new-york.746/