Any design tweaks coming for 2018 RX350?

Reactions
I've read online of a few tweaks coming, but am suspicious of the content, since some of the photos shown are of the NX. Could be robotic writing. My dealer is trying to get me to turn in my 2015 early for a 2017, but was keeping my fingers crossed for minor design tweaks coming in 2018, like maybe softening that big spindle grill, more interior choices, etc. Does anyone here have any information? Thanks.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I've read online of a few tweaks coming, but am suspicious of the content, since some of the photos shown are of the NX. Could be robotic writing. My dealer is trying to get me to turn in my 2015 early for a 2017, but was keeping my fingers crossed for minor design tweaks coming in 2018, like maybe softening that big spindle grill, more interior choices, etc. Does anyone here have any information? Thanks.

Its been pretty quiet with changes, the biggest rumor being the 3rd row RX L coming.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Jay Pulli said:
Does anyone here have any information? Thanks.

OK, here's a website that (supposedly) lists the changes for 2018.

https://ussuvs.com/2018-lexus-rx-350/

2018 Lexus RX 350 Redesign, Review, Release Date
Zach June 12, 2017 Lexus 1 Comment

The 2018 Lexus RX 350 will definitely be aesthetically appealing; however, the design will not be much different from LX 570. Ever since it was launched almost 20 years back, Lexus RX 350 has enticed its loyalists with its super elegant design and phenomenal performance. The Japanese brand has ensured that they keep evolving this SUV so that the customers are kept interested in it just like the previous years.

2018-Lexus-RX-350-front.jpg

2018 LEXUS RX 350 – REDESIGN DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY
In all probability, the new Lexus RX 350 2018 will be able to seat 5 passengers comfortably. The metallic framework of the SUV coupled with light weight and high strength aluminum bodywork on the car, make it a sturdy yet light weight SUV. The manufacturers are surely expected to upgrade the grille as well as the headlights.

The bumper will also be changed to give it a more stylish look. The lines and curves of the new LX will be more aerodynamically streamlined which means that the car will provide more resistance to the wind and will be definitely more stable. The headlamps will be L-shaped and will have an intelligent high beam which can adjust the light intensity according to the circumstances. It will have a panoramic moonroof and the door handles will be illuminated.

2018-Lexus-RX-350-side.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
Lexus has never failed to surprise its fans. Keeping in mind their past records, innovations are highly likely as far as the interiors of the cabin are concerned. Lexus is known for the right cocktail of luxury, sophistication, and comfort. The interiors of the new Lexus RX 350 will possess just that. The seats will be extremely comfortable to make driving a real pleasure for all its passengers. As far as the technical specifications of the interiors are concerned there will not many changes. The car will have better-supported axles and a bigger wheelbase. The infotainment system will have Bluetooth as well as WI- FI connectivity. It is expected to have a bigger fuel tank and a smoother steering wheel. There will be different safety features like adaptive variable suspension, dynamic radar cruise control, lane departure assists with steering etc.

There will be two available trims in Lexus RX 350; the higher version will be F-Sport version and the base model.

2018-Lexus-RX-350-interior.jpg

2018 LEXUS RX 350 – DRIVETRAIN
The 2018 Lexus RX 350 will have two options for engines. The company wants it to belong to the category of a sports hybrid. One of the engine options is a V- 8 with an 8-speed automatic transmission. This engine will be able to produce 200 hp. The second option is a V- 6 3.5-liter engine with 248 lb.-ft. torque and 270 hp.

2018 LEXUS RX 350 – AVAILABILITY AND PRICE
Lexus is expected to launch its newest star after June of the current year. Though, the release date may be pushed to a little later. The price of the SUV will depend on the SUV. The price of the basic version of 2018 Lexus RX 350 will be around $42,000 while the F-Sport version will cost around $51,000.

Reactions
Biggest design tweek will be the apparent new stretched RX350L model with 7 passenger capability, hope it happens as it eliminates me giving in to my wife on a new Acura MDX 7 passenger. Love my 12th Lexus a 2016 GX 460 but the leaner RX with 7 seats should be a huge seller. Am I reading correctly that it will be built ?

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
[QUOTE="mmcartalk, post: 27176, member: 506"
The 2018 Lexus RX 350 will definitely be aesthetically appealing; however, the design will not be much different from LX 570.

[/QUOTE]

Ugly!!!!!!

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
The 2018 Lexus RX 350 will definitely be aesthetically appealing; however, the design will not be much different from LX 570.

abraxas said:
Ugly!!!!!!

The reference to the LX570 actually wasn't my personal quote.......it was the article, and the article obviously was wrong. I agree, BTW......I'm not a fan of the new RX's exterior design either.

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
The reference to the LX570 actually wasn't my personal quote.......it was the article, and the article obviously was wrong. I agree, BTW......I'm not a fan of the new RX's exterior design either.

I know and thanx for your post.