Introducing the 2018 Lexus LS F SPORT

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-04-04-lexus-ls-f-sport-debut.jpg

F SPORT is coming to the flagship sedan.
View the original article post

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
ahhh, good to hear that there will be a F-sport trim on the LS. It will be interesting to see how it performs (and looks)

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
When they debut the F Sport model separately that tells me that it won't be just an ordinary F Sport. Crossing my fingers that it has more performance!

But I am curious what the visual appearances will be. I can't tell for sure but it looks like the chrome trim is darker. Other than that nothing I can tell from the teaser image, not even a lip spoiler! I think the grille will be the same but blacked out since it is already a mesh grille.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Well this is THE opportunity for Lexus to change what F-Sport stands for. Is it going to be just another variation of front bump/interior color combo or something a lot more significant? Basically it means either F-Sport is going to remain a package trim or it has grown up to be an actual model above basic offer like AMG43, M550 and S

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Well this is THE opportunity for Lexus to change what F-Sport stands for. Is it going to be just another variation of front bump/interior color combo or something a lot more significant? Basically it means either F-Sport is going to remain a package trim or it has grown up to be an actual model above basic offer like AMG43, M550 and S

Lexus took a modern F spindle and put it on a base LS and they haven't even unveiled the LS F-Sport and LS F yet, wow, this is all so ballsy and I love it.

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
Curious to see what cosmetic differences there'll be. The current grille is already rather aggressive looking. Perhaps the only difference would be the duplicated "F" mesh pattern.
Knowing Lexus, F-Sport is pretty much just a cosmetic package with different suspension tune. They're highly unlikely to give it a different engine, I reckon. Lexus (and it's parent) don't invest much in engines, unlike the engines. I think for now the best we could hope for is a boost to the TT3.5L with a more powerful and torquier output. That alone would definitely be a big step forward for the L Marque.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
The engines will never be anything else, they already stated that " F-sport coming to both LS 500 and LS 500h " which mean its just a package as usual :rolleyes:
Yes, that is what I thought at first, but then why would they release the F Sport separately? Most other models were released with their F Sport models at the same time. This separate reveal tells me this could be a more significant upgrade to the LS.

What I think will happen is the LS 500 F Sport will be the first of a new breed of F Sports, which will actually have a performance boost over the regular model. Then it can compete with the "half-baked" performance cars like the Audi S* Cars, BMW M***i Cars and Mercedes-AMG *43 Cars while the F Cars compete with the ultimate performance models like Audi RS Cars, BMW M Car, and Mercedes-AMG Cars.

Madi

Fan
Reactions
Yes, that is what I thought at first, but then why would they release the F Sport separately? Most other models were released with their F Sport models at the same time. This separate reveal tells me this could be a more significant upgrade to the LS.

What I think will happen is the LS 500 F Sport will be the first of a new breed of F Sports, which will actually have a performance boost over the regular model. Then it can compete with the "half-baked" performance cars like the Audi S* Cars, BMW M***i Cars and Mercedes-AMG *43 Cars while the F Cars compete with the ultimate performance models like Audi RS Cars, BMW M Car, and Mercedes-AMG Cars.

Its definitely will be a new breed for F-Sport cars since its already has mesh grill. But in terms of power I don't think it will change by any mean.

This is not the first time they reveal the F-Sport version alone, I still remember the reveal of the LS 460 F-Sport in July 2012 where they reveal for F-Sport model alone:

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
This is not the first time they reveal the F-Sport version alone, I still remember the reveal of the LS 460 F-Sport in July 2012 where they reveal for F-Sport model alone:
Correct. The current-gen GS 350 F-Sport also had a stand-alone reveal (SEMA if I remember correctly) separate from the non-F Sport and hybrid variants.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I'll be surprised if this isn't a TTV8.

I think this is a bit ambitious. In the words of @Gecko, "I'd be happy with a 15 horsepower bump over the LS 500."

The engines will never be anything else, they already stated that " F-sport coming to both LS 500 and LS 500h " which mean its just a package as usual :rolleyes:

Very likely the truth.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I think this classifies as good news/bad news, but I overlaid the LS F SPORT image on top of an existing LS 500 rendering and I think there's only one thing different:

lexus-ls-f-sport-2.jpg

Are we really getting gunmetal trim on the F SPORT package? :dizzy: