2016 RX remote start

Reactions
Saw a video on Lexus remote start (stock w/o mods or apps). Tried it it on my RX and it worked but not consistent. Has anyone tried it and knows more?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Do you have Lexus Enform or are you remote starting the RX using the keyfob?

The Lexus Enform smart phone app should have unlimited range, but the keyfob will probably only work when you're close.

Reactions
What sucks about the remote start is the car shutting off when you open the door. This is the first car I've had in 30 years that does this it is a pain

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Ditto that, and it's true of the entire Lexus lineup. It's a big gap in the experience that the vehicle shuts off when you get in with the key.

Reactions
Do you have Lexus Enform or are you remote starting the RX using the keyfob?

The Lexus Enform smart phone app should have unlimited range, but the keyfob will probably only work when you're close.
Could not get the Enform app to work. Dealer said no aftermarket remotes or key fob style will work in 2016 RX

Reactions
I had that problem also I called the Lexus Enform help line and they were able to talk me through the process. The remote start doesn't always work though. Sometime it says previous command is not completed so apparently if you start a start process and it doesn't go through the second try is rejected until the first one times out.

Reactions
To remote start using the fob you push the lock button 3 times holding it down on the third time for around 10 seconds. It will then start. But will shut off after 10 minutes or when you open door.

Reactions: RAL