Lexus SC Best way to sell an SC 430?

Reactions
We have a beautiful custom SC 430 that I bought a few years ago (she's a 2002), and am now looking to sell her. I had major back surgery last year (half of my back is now artificial)--and while she was/is my dream car, I can't drive her anymore. The dealerships around here (Colorado Springs) are grossly undervaluing her when we talk about trading her in/selling her. Thoughts on the best approach to selling her? Thanks!

Attachments

• Sophia.JPG
    Sophia.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Welcome to Lexus Enthusiast.:)

Are you married? If so, since you like the car so much (and SCs of that vintage had a heck of an interior)....why not just keep it in the family, where your wife can drive it? Even if you yourself can't (easily) drive it right now.....who knows? Maybe (?) your back will recover more than you expect., and you will be able to drive it in the future.

And, yes.....best of luck on your continued recovery from that surgery. You have my prayers for it. :)

Reactions
Thanks for the welcome and well wishes! Yes--I'm married, but my wife doesn't love the SC nearly as much as I do. Plus, with a couple of teenagers in the house, the SC is not a fantastic "second car" since it can't haul much by way of growing boys AND I would never let the boys drive it as they get their licenses. I'm really the only one who drives it, and since I won't take it out in bad weather (which means most of the winter here in Colorado), and I can't take it out without hurting afterwards, it seems the most sensible thing to let it go. :confused:

Welcome to Lexus Enthusiast.:)

Are you married? If so, since you like the car so much (and SCs of that vintage had a heck of an interior)....why not just keep it in the family, where your wife can drive it? Even if you yourself can't (easily) drive it right now.....who knows? Maybe (?) your back will recover more than you expect., and you will be able to drive it in the future.

And, yes.....best of luck on your continued recovery from that surgery. You have my prayers for it. :)

Reactions: RAL