Official Gallery: 120 Photos of the 2016 Lexus RX

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-09-08-lexus-rx-450h-photo-gallery-400x200.jpg

Here are all the official photos of the 2016 Lexus RX, including both standard and F SPORT models.
View the original article post

Reactions
hmm these pictures look better than the ones on the lexus webpage. i think its growing on me now :). i guess it will look better in person. Also, i noticed that some people post on forums just swapping out the grille from the base to f sport. i guess this new rx will make it easier for swapping out the mesh grille. unlike the lexus nx if someone wants to do f sport bumper swap, you would have to change the whole front. but this new rx looks like its just the mesh only for the f sport.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Wow, thought I liked the red interior but this light grey/white is wonderful!

2015-09-08-gallery-lexus-rx-350-official-00029.jpg

Reactions: CIF

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
The is the best RX ever! Lexus did an amazing with both the interior and exterior.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Design-wise, Lexus makes the best interiors, IMO. Mercedes is really not bad but a bit too classic for my taste, BMW is simply trying too hard, and Audi is doing too little. But where Lexus is still slightly lacking, is where other are catching up, the execution of Porsche. The RX still has a bit too much plastic for being a luxury SUV.

On another not, I see the RX uses the curved surface on the console, that we have seen with the LF-LC. I expect to see something even more pronounced with the LC and probably LS.

Also, and this is quite an exception, on this RX I prefer the standard grill over the F-sport grill. I think that is because the "lames" of the standard grill give it more sharpness and a 3Dimentional view.

Over, the RX design is my favorite execution at Lexus, and probably my favorite in the automotive industry. I like the sharpness, its perfectly executed wedged shape, so as the high belt line. Unfortunately it suffers from FWD proportion, the perfect design can compensate quite well.

Hopefully the LC and LS will make this perfect with their RWD proportions.

Last edited:
Reactions
Lexus RX is a great car but I wish they get rid of the shift knob
54225720.jpg

Might as well do away with the steering wheel...I'm glad that there is a real Remote Touch and not the RTI Touchpad like the NX (one of the few features that I hate about it).

D

DDas

I really like it, but I am not going to lie: the floating roof is a huge no for me. I just cannot find a way to like it. Sorry. The grille is also very oversized; it makes the headlights looks weird. Overall, I really love it and I know it well sell like crazy and I cannot wait!

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
At least from the pictures, the interior seems nicely done, but I'm definitely not a fan of the exterior.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I absolutely love these real-life photos. What a gorgeous vehicle when seen in real-life lighting. It has some hints of the 3RX shape from some angles and lighting, great little subtle touch.
Liking this more and more every time I look at these photos!

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
I absolutely love these real-life photos. What a gorgeous vehicle when seen in real-life lighting. It has some hints of the 3RX shape from some angles and lighting, great little subtle touch.
Same here

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

Yep......with this upcoming new Caddy, and Lincoln's all-new 2016 MKX already hitting the market, the new RX is going to have its work cut out for it.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yep......with this upcoming new Caddy, and Lincoln's all-new 2016 MKX already hitting the market, the new RX is going to have its work cut out for it.

I highly doubt it. The only concern for me is people think the RX styling is too far removed from what they expect from Lexus and decide to buy safer/blander looking vehicles. Like the SRX or MKX.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I highly doubt it. The only concern for me is people think the RX styling is too far removed from what they expect from Lexus and decide to buy safer/blander looking vehicles. Like the SRX or MKX.

Yes, that was basically what I had in mind. The RX will probably win on the reliability-concern issue, too, although recent Lincolns also seem to be doing quite well in that department. And, of course, like the Camry and Accord, the RX still has the wave-effect going for it from an extremely popular past....but some people aren't going to take to the new styling. Still, you and I can agree it's still likely to retain first-place in the upmarket mid-size SUV category....in my previous post, I was not necessarily suggesting anything different.

Reactions
Whats wrong with it? It looks nice and sporty!
I just like the shift knob on
54225720.jpg

Might as well do away with the steering wheel...I'm glad that there is a real Remote Touch and not the RTI Touchpad like the NX (one of the few features that I hate about it).
Don't get me wrong I think the car looks great And I wish the shift knob was like Mercedes-Benz It just adds extra room it just adds extra room in the car