2016 Lexus RX 350 & RX 450h Preview from Lexus Enthusiast

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-09-08-2016-lexus-rx-overview-400x200.jpg

Let's dive deep into the new fourth-generation RX with a thorough technical overview.
View the original article post

Related Reading:

Official Gallery: 120 Photos of the 2016 Lexus RXOfficial Gallery: 120 Photos of the 2016 Lexus RX

Collected: 2016 Lexus RX Reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
any1 finding this rx unattractive? dont get me wrong i love lexus but this rx, i think they destroyed the design. the grill looks like that evil villiam from thor. the one that is covered in all metal body and shoots fire cannon or w.e it is out of its face. i find the the new hyundai tucson and porsche cayenne better looking. I also think the rc and the new ct200h grill looks ugly as well. the only thing i like about this new rx is the interior. Am I the only one feeling this way about the new rx?

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Fantastic sexy RX, I can't wait to see this alive...
Read in the Lexus newsletter today: (Belgian) prices

In €, incl. btw
RX 200t RX 450h
Base € 55.095 € 62.450

Business Edition - € 62.650

Executive Line € 61.840 € 69.195

F SPORT Line € 70.430 € 76.780

Privilege Line € 72.760 € 80.115

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Am I the only one feeling this way about the new rx?

I fear it. I'm not a huge fan of a SUV/CUV, but this is the exception for me. And I think it will better on the road, damn, so sexy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
any1 finding this rx unattractive? dont get me wrong i love lexus but this rx, i think they destroyed the design. the grill looks like that evil villiam from thor. the one that is covered in all metal body and shoots fire cannon or w.e it is out of its face. i find the the new hyundai tucson and porsche cayenne better looking. I also think the rc and the new ct200h grill looks ugly as well. the only thing i like about this new rx is the interior. Am I the only one feeling this way about the new rx?
I like this more than the 3RX. This looks more modern and aggressive, my opnion, Lexus did an amazing job and you will see for yourself in person. You can tell when a Lexus is approaching you from behind or in front, they are just plain sexy!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
any1 finding this rx unattractive? dont get me wrong i love lexus but this rx, i think they destroyed the design. the grill looks like that evil villiam from thor. the one that is covered in all metal body and shoots fire cannon or w.e it is out of its face.

No question, the exterior design is completely wild. I wasn't sure what to think before seeing it in person, but now I would say I'm a fan. I never liked the previous RX models, though, so I might not be the best judge. Like the aggressiveness, and the F SPORT 450h is excellent.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Thank you KREW for providing by far the most detailed independent review for the new RX! I also have to admit I'm back and forth with the styling but thats a good thing for Lexus, who wants their new designs to be emotional.

The interior seems simply fantastic and has raised the entire class.

Reactions
Awesome! Been waiting a while for the 360 camera, proper pano roof, and 4-way lumbar support.
Just really awesome all the way around! I might be coming back to Lexus.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
The best looking RX yet by far. My parents had an RX2 and I loved the reliability and how smooth the drive was but never looked amazing. This though looks really good and Lexus did a great job on it! Any prices for here in the US?!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
New RX looks so nice in videos and these different colors... i was a bit worried about the back previously but it is nice, has plenty of character, unlike before.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
any1 finding this rx unattractive? dont get me wrong i love lexus but this rx, i think they destroyed the design. the grill looks like that evil villiam from thor. the one that is covered in all metal body and shoots fire cannon or w.e it is out of its face.

No question, the exterior design is completely wild. I wasn't sure what to think before seeing it in person, but now I would say I'm a fan. I never liked the previous RX models, though, so I might not be the best judge. Like the aggressiveness, and the F SPORT 450h is excellent.
i had plenty of opportunity to get RX before but didnt want it... now, I do...

Reactions
This RX is definitely gonna be something different. It's gonna sort of separate its self from its predecessors but still keep some of its old roots, like the comfort, reliability, refinement. But what's different about this RX is that it's more driver focused and it seems like it adds all the basic refinements and more. The RX has become modern in a way it sets the bar again. Lexus already has the refinement and luxury down they just had to add the modern things in an SUV and put all the safety tech in it. It will be a best seller simply because it's an RX, the bonus would be the fact (hopefully) that it's great to drive and you feel like your home with the car

Reactions
with every photo and release i hope to like it more and more. but i just cannot. i have been an RX fan since day one until this model year. The NX is far better than the larger RX, but I can't sacrifice the space and may be moving brands all together. Which after so many under my belt, makes me very sad...I thought I would just keep cycling through the Lexus RX over and over.

Reactions
I am perplexed as to how the larger, heavier RX with a 3.5L V6 can manage to match the mpg of the 2.0T in the smaller lighter NX. Can that be attributed solely to the difference in transmission between the 2?