Lexus Europe Announces CT & IS Sport Appearance Packages

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-09-03-lexus-is-sport-edition-europe-400x200.jpg

Lexus Europe has released information on the upcoming IS & CT Sport editions.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

Axel

Fan
Reactions
With 200t engine the IS should close the gap to the C class, later face lift BMW should watch out

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
So we're looking at a modified Crafted line minus black door handles and red interior?

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
Yes, its Crafted Line/Plastidip Edition
seriously, I mean the two-tone interior on the CT is interesting at least. The rest looks like it would be just as easy to buy a few cans of plasti-dip and just go to work, hah.

Reactions
i would rather buy a full on f-sport version of the IS this doesn't look so great to me at least

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Do they bring back the black plastic for the centre console (where the climate control is) for the IS Sport Appearance Packages? I hope it is some recycling of old picture from 2014 IS. I wouldn't go for it if that is the case. The black plastic is a major complaint inside 2014 3IS for myself. Very hard to maintain.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Looks good, I'd expect it to be lower-priced than F-sport. Exterior color choices are bit too limited for my taste.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
What is happening to Lexus all of a sudden?
You create a luxury brand; you deliver superior quality, service, dealership experience; you dominate industry awards; you set the mark for luxury cars from Japan.
An established line of proven products isn't good enough and every model gets an F Sport (which I own); 4- cylinder engines get dropped into everything; now you're muddying the L waters further with some confusing kinda but not really Sport line over the newly confusing IS line.
I'll leave the anger over the deletion of Matador Red Mica as my own personal problem since its all I buy (currently own two 2015's in MRM).
As a Lexus customer with eight purchased between 2006 and 2015, I personally feel the brand is reaching too far. In reality, some of these moves are cheapening the brand and chipping away at some of the cache of appeal.
Are you hearing Korean footsteps Lexus?

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

4- cylinder engines get dropped into everything;

You can thank CAFE for much of that. The upcoming gas-mileage rules are killing off normally-aspirated V6s and forcing the substitution of smaller turbo fours. The smaller turbos do have decent power, though opinions seem to differ on whether they offer the same refinement.

I'll leave the anger over the deletion of Matador Red Mica as my own personal problem since its all I buy (currently own two 2015's in MRM).

I don't think you are the only one that would have a problem with that. It is indeed a beautiful color. When I bought my yellow IS300, if it had been available on that 1Gen IS, it probably would have been my second choice.

Kia ad Hyundai are considered quite respectable manufacturers today, though some of their really upscale vehicles are not big sellers.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
You create a luxury brand; you deliver superior quality, service, dealership experience; you dominate industry awards; you set the mark for luxury cars from Japan.
An established line of proven products isn't good enough and every model gets an F Sport (which I own); 4- cylinder engines get dropped into everything; now you're muddying the L waters further with some confusing kinda but not really Sport line over the newly confusing IS line.
As a Lexus customer with eight purchased between 2006 and 2015, I personally feel the brand is reaching too far. In reality, some of these moves are cheapening the brand and chipping away at some of the cache of appeal.

you have to live in different world than rest of us - Germans have gazillion different "Sport" options in Europe where this is going to be sold... you can buy M-Sport interior and exterior packages separately as well as even buy each piece separately. There is also base equipment level called Sport which has nothing with Sport but gives you red line in the interior and different cloth... is that going to confuse you? I doubt it... More options is a good thing. Or are BMW and Mercedes going Korean route?

Also, this will have LED headlights and dual color interior for IS with contrast stitching. It is special edition, so they are basically giving wheels, LED headlights and customized looks for "free".

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
It should not be named sport....leave sport to F-Sport...call it "blue magic" or whatever else to not confuse consumers.

"Touring", "GT", and ""Aero" are terms that are sometimes used to refer to sport-oriented packages without actually using the term 'Sport".

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
[QUOTE="Also, this will have LED headlights and dual color interior for IS with contrast stitching. It is special edition, so they are basically giving wheels, LED headlights and customized looks for "free".[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but don't cheapen it with a totally irrelevant "sport" appellation - call it a "special edition" instead!

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
I want to preface this post by stating I do not intend to come off as elitist. We all own or support Lexus on this BBS. My personal experience has been covered.
But many others posting here are mirroring my personal dissatisfaction with this, as noted by LexFather, GSCT, ACEtheOG etc.
I paid a premium for a genuine IS F Sport.
You drop this wannabe model in between and you've got a non F Sport poseur sold by Lexus.
IMO it doesn't add cache to a future owner, it somehow cheapens the legitimate F Sport models. Not speaking for anyone else but I still maintain Lexus is beginning to spread themselves too thin.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Where is the 'sport' part of this package ?
Is it because someone is using the black 18″ alloy wheels, that it is a 'sport' edition ?
For me, this package must be part of the standard edition, and maybe only the wheels as an option.
Yes, the IS, and I'm only speaking of the IS, needs maybe some extra options and/or standard settings (which are available in this package),
but not as part of a 'Extra Plus' package.
It does not feel well, it's smells too much for money.

And I fully agree with Bulldog 1 and ACEtheOG.

JFB

Reactions
I had the misfortune to drive a CT sports version (can't remember what it was called) when my 2IS went in for its 6-year megaservice at the local Lexus dealer. Wow, I couldn't wait to hand it back and really don't understand how this vehicle sells at all.

The main problem was the rock-hard suspension, which jolted me and my passengers over every road imperfection (and we have a lot here in the UK!). Potholes sent a severe shock through the seats and expansion joints were noisy AND bumpy.

The hard seats similarly offered little in the way of comfort. I had sciatica under my thighs after about 30 mins behind the wheel.

And finally, the on/off nature of the power delivery meant it wasn't fun to drive.

When I got back into my IS250, I truly appreciated the soft, well-cushioned driver's seat, the suspension that soaked up road imperfections without complaint, and the smooth, powerful delivery of the creamy six-cylinder under the bonnet (hood).

This explains precisely why I've kept my beloved IS250 and not switched it for one of the "pseudo BMWs" that Lexus now seem to peddle. Really sad that they've chosen to abandon the luxury market.