Photos: The Lexus GS F in the Sonoran Desert

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-08-17-lexus-gs-f-hero-400x200.jpg

BEYOND Magazine has a short feature on the upcoming Lexus GS F.
View the original article post

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
Drooooollllll. What a beautiful machine. Compared to the revised 2016 GS, I think the F adds some subtle aggression. Love it.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
It is a mighty impressive car, but the body of a GS F is a bit over the top for my taste. The bodykit fits well to an RC F and the former IS F, but it is a slightly bit too aggressive for an 'Executive' luxury sedan. Not enough 'wolf in sheep's clothing' style for a Lexus.
Haven't seen any pics yet of a regular new GS in F SPORT trim... I think that could be the best of both worlds... ;)

James

Founding Member
Reactions
It is a mighty impressive car, but the body of a GS F is a bit over the top for my taste. The bodykit fits well to an RC F and the former IS F, but it is a slightly bit too aggressive for an 'Executive' luxury sedan. Not enough 'wolf in sheep's clothing' style for a Lexus.
Haven't seen any pics yet of a regular new GS in F SPORT trim... I think that could be the best of both worlds... ;)
It is definitely sporty the GSF but its going after the M5 isn't it? It needs to have that eye catching outside so people will see it. I love Lexus and have for years but an M5 has always been "sexier" than anything Lexus has come out with (not counting LFA!). I think and hope the GSF will turn heads as it goes down the street.

RAL

Reactions
For a split second when I saw the picture above ... my eyes were drawn to the spindle grille and I assumed it was a picture of an RC. But then I immediately noticed the 4 doors ... and a split second later my mind questioned ... a 4-door RC? ... then another split second and I realized it was a photo of the GS F. I thought 'Yes' ... I remembered reading how the GS F is to be in a sense an RC with 4 doors. So there is a confluence between the 'executive car' the GS has always been ... to an executive car with wolf-like manners/looks. I wonder how much previous GS drivers will go for the GS F? To use Joe's words, will there "not (be) enough 'wolf in sheep's clothing' style"(?) Will the GS F attract new buyers wanting more wolf and less sheep? ... ;) Moreover, will the refreshed GS be too much wolf and not enough sheep for professional/executive/traditional GS buyers who don't choose the GS F? To me the GS has an even more 'wolf-like' appearance than the GS F.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
It is definitely sporty the GSF but its going after the M5 isn't it? It needs to have that eye catching outside so people will see it. I love Lexus and have for years but an M5 has always been "sexier" than anything Lexus has come out with (not counting LFA!). I think and hope the GSF will turn heads as it goes down the street.
I see your point, but I can imagine that the aggressive styling of the GS F can also disappoint, as the power (477 hp) is a bit short to compete with M5/RS6/E AMG (at least on paper). The GS F looks like an M5/RS6/E AMG (all app. 560 hp) contester but is more like a competitor of a 550i or S6 (both app. 450 hp)... On the other hand it seems logic that the RC F styling is continued in the GS F to unify the appearance, building awareness for the F-mark. ;)

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
For a split second when I saw the picture above ... my eyes were drawn to the spindle grille and I assumed it was a picture of an RC. But then I immediately noticed the 4 doors ... and a split second later my mind questioned ... a 4-door RC? ... then another split second and I realized it was a photo of the GS F. I thought 'Yes' ... I remembered reading how the GS F is to be in a sense an RC with 4 doors.
Great remark

So there is a confluence between the 'executive car' the GS has always been ... to an executive car with wolf-like manners/looks. I wonder how much previous GS drivers will go for the GS F? To use Joe's words, will there "not (be) enough 'wolf in sheep's clothing' style"(?) Will the GS F attract new buyers wanting more wolf and less sheep? ... ;) Moreover, will the refreshed GS be too much wolf and not enough sheep for professional/executive/traditional GS buyers who don't choose the GS F? To me the GS has an even more 'wolf-like' appearance than the GS F.

Once again, good remark/question. It is also interesting to see the evolution of the 'standard' GS compared to the F SPORT. The non-F SPORT looks of the new GS are closer to the F SPORT of the pre-facelift. The more aggressive style does appeal more to traditional buyers of Audi and BMW here in Europe. Since the F SPORT versions came out, we do sell more to those prospects than we used to before. In all cases, I am happy that the GS joins the real spindle grill.

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
Wonder how this wil stack up to all the heavly tuned Aristo V300's that are riding around in Japan. Sadly it will probably depriciate like crazy, the Japanese don't care much for non turbo cars.

PTien

Fan
Reactions
Looks great. I like the front much better than the Regular GS, much cleaner.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Have they announced GS-F pricing yet? I couldn't find it on the Lexus web site or from some other common sources....but perhaps I just missed it somewhere. Something tells me, though, that it's going to run some serious cash....I'd guess starting at at least 70K, perhaps more.

Last edited:

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
My human senses is telling me to wait for the next 'real' model of the GS F. I would probably get a used 2014-2015 F10 M5 before I consider this current version. Not much is know until we see it reviewed but that's my thoughts at the moment.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Have they announced GS-F pricing yet? I couldn't find it on the Lexus web site or from some other common sources....but perhaps I just missed it somewhere. Something tells me, though, that it's going to run some serious cash....I'd guess starting at at least 70K, perhaps more.
I remember seeing a starting price for around $75,000.