Lexus Trademarks LS 500 in Australia and Europe

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-08-12-lexus-ls-500-400x200.jpg

Lexus has just trademarked LS 500 in both Australia and Europe, joining the previously-registered LS 500h as a potential engine option for the next-generation Lexus flagship sedan.
View the original article post

Tinhinnh

Follower
Reactions
Maybe they will use the old ISF 5.0 that made 416hp...OR a new turbo V6 thats makes same power as a 5L

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I don't see any V6 twin-turbo. So I think this engine will come at some later point, maybe next generation GS or TX.

Reactions
The reason that they can not simply just drop in the RCF engine in an LS with no Changes is the fact that the engine as is will not be smooth and quiet enough for what people expect in an LS. The detuned for peak hp in exchange for more torque and smoother operation makes more sense in this cars segment and perhaps we will see a more powerfull version for the next f-sport or LS-F.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
The reason that they can not simply just drop in the RCF engine in an LS with no Changes is the fact that the engine as is will not be smooth and quiet enough for what people expect in an LS. The detuned for peak hp in exchange for more torque and smoother operation makes more sense in this cars segment and perhaps we will see a more powerfull version for the next f-sport or LS-F.
Makes sense.

I feel that the 5L V8 as the base engine is in line with the evolution of the LS. 4.0, 4.3, 4.6, and now 5.0L with similar respective increases in horsepower over time. I would expect around 440-450 hp due to a quieter more restrictive exhaust as compared to the RC F's. I would expect no less for the Lexus flagship.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
Boom ... will probably get my prediction right again ...

https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/...turbo-600-horsepower-v8-engine.755/#post-6457

The same engine that will be used for the LC.

The L line up is going to be mad. The L F line up is going to be even madder. I can't wait to see what they have in store. I think they will have to change up the F badge.

IS F will be a 5L V8 but the IS F (x) will be even crazier. The same will be applied to the RC - F (x) a new line up of AMG Black type vehicles.