The Lexus Hoverboard Revealed

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-08-04-lexus-hoverboard-video.jpg-400x200.jpg

At long last, Lexus has released the full details on their much-hyped hoverboard — let’s start with the main video with skater Ross McGouran riding the board in Barcelona.
View the original article post

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
jaw dropping. I wonder how this could transfer into technology useful in automobiles.

Alshamsi

Fan
Reactions
jaw dropping. I wonder how this could transfer into technology useful in automobiles.
I do not think that there is anything they could use on any of their cars from this experiment, all of what they done is basically putting a super conductor in a board, and making it fly over a set of magnets.
I personally think there's nothing useful there except for the use of advertisement.

Reactions
I do not think that there is anything they could use on any of their cars from this experiment, all of what they done is basically putting a super conductor in a board, and making it fly over a set of magnets.
I personally think there's nothing useful there except for the use of advertisement.
I agree. As far as I can see there is nothing groundbreaking here. A lot of superfast trains already use similar technology.

However I must admit that it looks really cool and for that creativity they should be commended.

S10

Reactions
Maybe not for the moment, but it is a first step of trying to use this technology for other purposes then the ones we know up to now. Anyway, it is cool stuff.

PTien

Fan
Reactions
So from what I remember from my thermodynamic class back in the day the super needs to be super cooled for it to hover over magnets. So basically on a hover board this would probably last no more than a couple of minutes.... Looks cool though I guess.....

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
The Video of the song they used is pretty good. Inspirational.

https://youtu.be/M97vR2V4vTs

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Truly incredible. Amazing marketing for the brand, and for the GS line.