Updated 2016 Lexus ES 350 & ES 300h Now Featured on Lexus USA Website

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-07-30-lexus-es-350-2016-400x200.jpg

The Lexus USA website has been updated to include information and new photos of the refreshed 2016 ES 350 and ES 300h.
View the original article post

Chase C.

Fan
Reactions
I see a new RTI controller, with the enter button on her side. I don't remember this from the original press release.

Reactions
Finally I see that the interior photos are showing the wood on the centre console that, at least in Canada, has replaced the black on all but the base model since 2013 but has never been shown on either the US or Canada websites. I also notice the light gray lower portions of the dash and upper portion of the doors in the gray interior photos. For a while in late 2012 and 2013 Lexus Canada ran newspaper ads referring readers to interactive webpages about the ES which incorrectly showed this two-tone layout when in reality it was never available.

RAL

Reactions
I was critical of the refreshed interior earlier, but I have to say it looks good in the pictures on Lexus' site. Much more attention to detail. I still don't care for the plastic look around the air vents. But, nice job overall.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I was critical of the refreshed interior earlier, but I have to say it looks good in the pictures on Lexus' site. Much more attention to detail. I still don't care for the plastic look around the air vents. But, nice job overall.

It's hard to get away from the plastic look (or plastic itself) nowadays. But the console, IMO, except for the mouse-controller, definitely looks better than the previous one.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
It's hard to get away from the plastic look (or plastic itself) nowadays. But the console, IMO, except for the mouse-controller, definitely looks better than the previous one.

Yes it's hard if you're using plastic itself. Using more soft-touch materials is a solution, which does cost more, but still a solution. I fully expect a less plastic interior look for the next-gen ES.

Reactions: RAL