Spy Shots: Next-Generation Lexus CT Prototype Spotted

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-07-12-lexus-ct-prototype-spy-shot-400x200.jpg

Prototypes of the next-generation Lexus CT have been spotted in England.
View the original article post

Tinhinnh

Follower
Reactions
Why is it all wrapped up if the sheetmetal are the same? So the CT is like a Prius - its exclusively hybrid...?

Hemi

Premium Member
Reactions
I just dont get why Lexus offers only one engine option for the CT. If Lexus would put one more option without electric motor, the sales would go significantly higher compared to current outcomes.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Well, 145 to 150 hp is better than 135 at any rate. And, if you read the Car & Driver article, it indicates the new Prius will be lighter, so hopefully the CT will be too.

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
I get that it's all test mule and such, but that's the first time I've seen a "factory" CT with exposed exhaust I believe.

Axel

Fan
Reactions
this is a totally new underpinning. it hugging the ground much better. no longer wheels looking smaller then the body.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Just as an observation, it doesn't look exactly the same as the current CT IMHO. The proportions look a bit different.

Why is it all wrapped up if the sheetmetal are the same? So the CT is like a Prius - its exclusively hybrid...?

Likely because there may be some visible mechanical parts or other features of the test mule that Lexus doesn't want to give away.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Lexus should make a CT 200t...that would be awesome. Lexus should do what BMW does and expand the CT line...

CT 200t
CT 200h
CT 300h

And F Sport all variants...

Reactions: Joe

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
It would be great to have a CT equipped with a turbo engine.

It would be even better if they took off that silly camouflage. :p

As far as the turbo engine, you mean a gas-only version, right? I could be wrong on this, but I've never actually seen a gas/electric hybrid with a turbo engine......at least on an American-spec vehicle.

Reactions
Keeping the turbo hybrid also would be great if the make the hybrid setup performance focused on that trim only. Ev motor to boost power until boost kicks in would be nice

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
They should offer a sedan version, a la Audi A3.

Agreed. There have been numerous rumors of a CT sedan, but (seemingly) conflicting information on whether we will actually see one or not.

Steve, Krew, Mike, CIF.........you guys got anything concrete on that?

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Agreed. There have been numerous rumors of a CT sedan, but (seemingly) conflicting information on whether we will actually see one or not.

Steve, Krew, Mike, CIF.........you guys got anything concrete on that?

Haven't heard much but my gut tells me it will stay hybrid only....

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
It would be even better if they took off that silly camouflage. :p

As far as the turbo engine, you mean a gas-only version, right? I could be wrong on this, but I've never actually seen a gas/electric hybrid with a turbo engine......at least on an American-spec vehicle.

I really only know of the Jetta being a turbo and a hybrid, but I really haven't heard much about it. I think it's only been out for a couple years.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I really only know of the Jetta being a turbo and a hybrid, but I really haven't heard much about it. I think it's only been out for a couple years.

Thanks. :) Yeah...the 1.4 Turbo on the hybrid......I had forgotten about that one. Many who want better fuel mileage on the Jetta line end up choosing the diesel TDI, though.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I didn't know of Jetta with Turbo/Hybrid w/150 hp, (not that it's likely to happen with new CT).

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I didn't know of Jetta with Turbo/Hybrid w/150 hp, (not that it's likely to happen with new CT).

I'd be surprised, too, at a CT turbo, but another big question is if we will get a CT hybrid sedan or not. With the way the HS250 flopped in the American market, that might be questionable.

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
I'd be surprised, too, at a CT turbo, but another big question is if we will get a CT hybrid sedan or not. With the way the HS250 flopped in the American market, that might be questionable.
That'd definitely be my fear with a CT sedan. The HS was a pretty terrible vehicle overall. Not nearly enough luxury especially for the price(plus it looked ugly). I love the CT but I'm afraid a sedan version would just have too much of an HS vibe.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Agreed, a CT sedan would be questionable move. After driving a CT extensively (as well as driving current Prius extensively), I grew to appreciate it.