Spyshots: The 2016 Lexus LX Spotted in the Middle East

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Interior is very interesting... I'm going to go out on a limb and say I like the current one a bit more. I honestly feel like a vehicle of this heft and intention should have a beefier 4 spoke steering wheel vs 3, which feels more at home in smaller, sportier vehicles.

None the less, looks great overall. Thanks for sharing!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-07-06-lexus-lx-2016-400x200.jpg

Carscoops has some images of the 2016 Lexus LX in the Middle East.
View the original article post

Skipetenj

Founding Member
Reactions
Interesting - paddle shifters. It appears to have two 'drive mode' selector knobs. No touch pad - a lot of negative feedback on the device. A lot of control switches on the steering wheel. I wonder if it has a heads up display? Those are some massive screens both center dash and rear seat entertainment. When is the expected arrival date in North America?

Travis

Fan
Reactions
I don't think I like the air vents designs that are in the center stack... I'm not feeling the center stack in these pics. The wood grain that runs along the dash I'm not feeling it.

Maybe in diff pics or in the flesh I will like it. I have a feeling we are also looking at the Next gen LS interior.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow, stop the presses! The interior looks even better in these shots than the earlier leaked shots. In real world lighting, this looks absolutely spectacular! The interior just looks so opulent, so luxurious, so rich. The current outgoing interior, while quite good, definitely does not evoke the same feelings. The center stack reminds me of a super-high-end audio video receiver or amplifier. That gauge cluster also looks incredible. The use of metallic accents and materials are tastefully kept to a minimum, while the indulgent and extravagant use of wood and leather, combined with touches of piano black finishing is just genius!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Interesting - paddle shifters. It appears to have two 'drive mode' selector knobs. No touch pad - a lot of negative feedback on the device. A lot of control switches on the steering wheel. I wonder if it has a heads up display? Those are some massive screens both center dash and rear seat entertainment. When is the expected arrival date in North America?

good catch... it does have HUD... you can see hole for it on the dash near windscreen.... looks very wide HUD too.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I don't think I like the air vents designs that are in the center stack... I'm not feeling the center stack in these pics. The wood grain that runs along the dash I'm not feeling it.

Maybe in diff pics or in the flesh I will like it. I have a feeling we are also looking at the Next gen LS interior.

While a very nice interior for an SUV, it will not do for a revolutionary flagship, that is expected with the next LS. This is just a heavy facelift of an 8-year old ultra-lux SUV, not the ground-up successor to a 10-year old flagship limousine and stand-bearer of the brand. The is more parallel with the incumbent LS, only slightly eclipsing it with more modernity, in being designed within the last 2 years and not in 2010 like the MY2013-2016 LS facelift.

The LF-LC interior is probably the best hint, which the 2017 LC itself will very much share with the LS, the way the S-Class Coupe (C217) does with the W222 saloon.

November/December 2015.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
I almost, for a second, thought I was looking at a Nissan Patrol. The D-pillar is identical to a Nissan Patrol's; the rims are very similar.

iFaf7uP.jpg

The interior is a different story, beautiful.

Reactions
This looks more like an evolution based on the current LX570, like the current gen LS, instead of a brand new vehicle. Perhaps the accountants can't seem to agree on the budget needed to make a new one. The LX is the very first car in the Lexus lineup that needs an intensive weight loss program.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
This looks more like an evolution based on the current LX570, like the current gen LS, instead of a brand new vehicle. Perhaps the accountants can't seem to agree on the budget needed to make a new one. The LX is the very first car in the Lexus lineup that needs an intensive weight loss program.

We can't really tell without them sharing details but it looks like this is just a major face-lift.

However, I do think that Lexus needs to differentiate itself from the Land Cruiser. It needs to be able to go off-road when necessary but designed first and foremost for urban use. I think the new LX will be that, an urban car, judging by those new lower profile tires and new steering wheel.

I can't wait for the new taillights, it's gonna be a solid moving left to right/right to left line.

Last edited:

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I almost, for a second, thought I was looking at a Nissan Patrol. The D-pillar is identical to a Nissan Patrol's; the rims are very similar.

iFaf7uP.jpg

The interior is a different story, beautiful.

Yes, it seemed very familiar to me. Our primary U.S. family car in Texas is the QX80 Limited, which is not too different from this. I'm sorry to say, but the Y62 (Nissan) and Z62 (Infiniti) D-Pillar looks better in my rarely provided personal opinion. The next Patrol and QX80 are already on schedule for 2018, so Toyota better hurry with the 300.

Not really, as they've been at work on a new Land Cruiser for some years now and are pretty much finished with design/styling work on it. The current stage at Toyota is engineering work, likely prototype construction and start of lengthy internal testing. I cannot really speak about the LX, but the Toyota version is coming out in the next few years.

The amount of effort being poured into an aging platform however, concerns me deeply, if it prolongs a replacement due to ROI of expenses and being utilized as an belated placeholder. The LX has seen 2 refreshes/facelifts already, since introduction in January 2008 (SOP in Nov. 2007). A minor refresh in February 2010, facelift in February 2012, and now another one for November 2015.

Nothing really wrong with that, as at LR we introduced a moderate L322 Range Rover refresh in 2005 after 4 years of production since late 2001, then gave it a major facelift in 2009. The L405 successor (current model) arrived 3 years after that and had been in development since about 2006-07 IIRC. It was an 11-year life-cycle, so Toyota isn't doing too badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: CIF

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
It seems that Lexus has made some improvement in terms of protecting the new vehicles in transit --- more white shipping plastic (Rapgard) is seen on the LX as well as the new RX that got shipped to Lexus Canada. See the photo from their Facebook page.

Attachments

• 11667537_828683907207328_6716582537758531973_n.jpg
    11667537_828683907207328_6716582537758531973_n.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: CIF

mikeavelli

Reactions
Interior is much improved but I have to see it in person. For me at this level the Range Rover interiors make me drool...

The D Pillar doesn't follow the doorline, a nice visual trick the 1998-2005 GS had........