Leaked: The 2016 Lexus LX Shows Up on Facebook

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-06-15-lexus-lx-2016-hero-image-400x200.jpg

A Lexus dealership in Abu Dhabi has published images of what looks to be the the new 2016 Lexus LX.
View the original article post

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Ooooooohhhh. I LIKE this! Upon closer inspection, A, B, C-pillars and roofline are carryover, while the rest of the sheet metal and interior are all new. Looks like they did a "3000-parts new" major refresh like what they did with the '13 LS.

BTW, pics appear to have a legit Atomic Silver (Titanium) color! :D

15-06-15-gallery-2016-lexus-lx-6.jpg

Lexus-LX570-Header1.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I really love the current design, which appears more masculine and "tough" than this new model... but I'm open for more pics :D

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
Love It!!!!

This looks like a strong, buff athlete while the current version looks like it needs a diet.

RDS

Fan
Reactions
Ooooooohhhh. I LIKE this! Upon closer inspection, A, B, C-pillars and roofline are carryover, while the rest of the sheet metal and interior are all new. Looks like they did a "3000-parts new" major refresh like what they did with the '13 LS.

BTW, pics appear to have a legit Atomic Silver (Titanium) color! :D

15-06-15-gallery-2016-lexus-lx-6.jpg

Lexus-LX570-Header1.jpg
Yeah , only the d-pillar can be considered "totally new" , I'm slightly disappointed by the "facelift"

http://www.autogaleria.hu/autok/lexus/lx-570-2012/lexus_lx-570-2012_r20.jpg

mikeavelli

Reactions
I am stunned at how much I like this. I was expecting to be let down. The brash looks and L design goes well here. Again if the G-Wagon can go 500 years, why not this!

Reactions
When I first saw the leaked image, I didn't like it, seeing how it was a vehicle lexus slapped on the spindle grille without making it look smooth, but with these images, I can say this LX looks great, I wish it was completely new instead of the "3000 new parts" because of that it the new interior of the LX, it definitely needs a new body/engine to go with it

But that interior is a top notch

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow, I LOVE it! Yes it's not a complete redesign, but it's a MAJOR refresh. They nailed a delicate balance for the exterior and interior styling. It still looks tough, big, brash, and capable but now it also looks a lot more expensive and premium.

The biggest stunner is that interior. Absolutely incredible interior! Look at those HUGE swaths of wood and leather all around the interior. Also that huge, curved swath of leather on the door panel, that looks amazing! It looks like soft-touch materials and leather top-to-bottom in the interior almost. The interior is a huge upgrade from the current one. The cherry on top is the massive navigation screen. Overall just superb interior execution. Everything from the layout, to the steering wheel design, to the material choices looks superb, just like the new RX and NX interiors.

If there are any powertrain upgrades as well, that would be just a perfect refresh.

If this is a hint at the next LS interior, I am absolutely salivating! I'm as giddy as a kid at Christmas to see the next LS now :D.

Reactions: RAL

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The interior is stunning! rich simplicity! I like the way the d-pillar reflects the sculpting of the spindle grille surround.
CIF, I can hardly wait for Christmas morning either! :)

Great point RAL :)!
The D-pillar definitely matches very well with the spindle grille.
A very worthy and exceptionally executed refresh this is. As the flagship Lexus SUV, the LX needed no less than this. To most of the general public, this will look like a redesign.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
I hope they make it a lot more angular to match the rest of the vehicle. They need to add sharp edges to compliment the new headlights and taillights.

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
Love it! Quite extensive for a facelift. The rear taillights do give the rear fascia a bit of a... Sienna look. :p

Any chance the all-new model will come out within two years? Hehe

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Ooops, should have posted my comment in this topic... :oops:;)

Impressive makeover. Seems like a very good evolution and makes it much more elegant, especially at the back. It is now less a redesigned Toyota Landcruiser.
We don't get it here in Western Europe (apart from a few individual imported units). There could be a certain market for though... if it were available as a plug-in petrol hybrid ;)

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
This is extremely exciting! A diesel option will be a welcome addition to the line-up.