New Videos: The Next Generation 2016 Lexus RX

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-05-20-lexus-rx-2016-update-400x200.jpg

Big moment today, as two new videos on the next-generation 2016 Lexus RX have been released.
View the original article post

Reactions: CIF

lemon397

Founding Member
Reactions
Love it! Proud owner of RX 450H but I wish I have this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I absolutely love this new RX... I think it's definitely the sign of things to come with the next generation of Lexus models. While we've seen some great debuts with the NX and RC, this RX seems to be all together more cohesive of an exercise than either of those. I think about this level of detail going into the next generation LS and drool.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Somehow i think the new RX has a better interior than the LS =| !!

I think about this level of detail going into the next generation LS and drool.

During the video interview with the chief designer, he mentioned the RX as the "Ultimate Lexus SUV" -- makes me wonder how many of the design cues of the RX interior will be picked up in the next-generation LS.

rayaans

Fan
Reactions
Deposit down guys! Full UK spec coming to me in 2 months :D Hopefully they wont make any option blunders like they did with the NX!

rayaans

Fan
Reactions
Deposit down guys! Full UK spec coming to me in 2 months :D Hopefully they wont make any option blunders like they did with the NX!
Option blunders on NX? Such as...?
No HUD, 360 degree camera, Mark Levinson. cooled seats etc etc! Also, I drove the NX300h and coming from an RX450h it feels lethargic!! Im happy I waited for the RX - this ones a good un'

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
It drops off my pants, so wonderful design.
Ooh, and did you noticed the different wheel design colors in the second movie, timeline 1:08 ?
Sorry for my language :cool:

Last edited:

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
No HUD, 360 degree camera, Mark Levinson. cooled seats etc etc! Also, I drove the NX300h and coming from an RX450h it feels lethargic!! Im happy I waited for the RX - this ones a good un'
The items you mention do exist on the NX, but it depends on the market on which grade it is installed... Here in Belgium for example, all these items are (or will be as from model year 2016) available on F Sport or top grade.
I can entirely understand your wishes for more power if you are currently driving an RX, as there is app. 100hp difference ;)
Dreaming of the performances of an imaginary NX 450h... (technically not easy to create, I suppose). This is something I personally would love to see in the IS, too: technically less complicated to install, an IS 450h would be awesome! :cool:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions

2 months? Hmmm so is Europe getting an early release? As far as I know, the new RX doesn't get released until the end of the year.

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Based on Mr Templin's indication that we can expect more F-models in the Lexus range, what are my fellow enthusiasts' thoughts on the potential launch date of an RX F? If it is in on the cards, could we see a reveal in 16Q1 with launch in 16Q3/4 as a '17 model, basically a year after the new RX?

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
2 months? Hmmm so is Europe getting an early release? As far as I know, the new RX doesn't get released until the end of the year.
End of November/beginning of December in showrooms, but specs & tentative prices will be known earlier ;)