TLE Podcast Episode 1: Interview with Mark Templin

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Welcome to the very first episode of the Lexus Enthusiast podcast!

Our guest this month is Lexus International executive vice-president Mark Templin, one of the top executives for Lexus worldwide. This interview is far-ranging, covering topics like Mark's personal history with the brand, the current state of the lineup, and where he would like Lexus to go in the future.

You have two options for listening to the podcast, starting with this handy player:

The other option is to download the MP3 file directly, if you prefer.

Some important things to consider:
  • This podcast is exclusive to premium members for the next two weeks, so please do not share this file anywhere else, including this website. This advance preview is one of your core benefits, so please respect your fellow premium members and keep it private until I release it publicly.
  • Along with the above point, please limit your comments and feedback about the podcast to this thread. I will be sharing some of the more exciting information publicly over the next week.
Sorry for all the rules, but it's important to protect your premium member benefits.

Enjoy the interview, everyone!

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Just listened to it. A+++

Kevin: you're a Pro interviewer and asked all pertinent questions.
Mr Templin: He's a class act answering every question without giving the runaround and even hinted a tad on future products. :D He also complimented this site and how he frequents it and is amazed at our community and info presented here.

So more F models in the future? YES
New advancements in tech introduced in the next LS? YES

This podcast made my day! :D

Last edited:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow, what a BRILLIANT interview! :D

Extremely well done, and some EXCELLENT answers given by Mr. Templin. Some of the questions I had in my mind were answered by Mr. Templin, and I cannot be more excited :D.

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Incredible podcast. Thank you, Kevin, for putting this on. Well worth every penny.

Interesting to note Mr. Templin's answer on what he drove personally, specifically based on the necessity of three row BOF SUV's for family use. I guess not all hope is lost for this segment!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Kevin, amazing interview and its great to see Mr. Templin Lexus recognize your site and efforts! I really enjoyed learning more about him from his history to the why's behind some of the decisions made. This is truly something special!!

Kuregu

Founding Member
Reactions
As others mentioned I was really, really impressed with both the interview and Mr. Templin's responses. The quality was amazing, too; I was listening on my work earphones and had to remind myself on several occasions that it wasn't a conference call.

It won't be an easy thing to do, but I agree that the brand needs to focus on telling the story of how the F products are designed to be easy to drive fast and make people better drivers. As an RC F owner that doesn't do track but mostly enjoys "spirited" drives on the freeways and on semi-curvy roads in the hills near my home, I can't tell you how much confidence the car instills when going fast(ish) which makes driving the car that much more fun for a regular driver like me.

I can't stand reading the all the reviews and stories on the car that focus so much on the weight, etc. etc. I wish those writers could listen to this interview and appreciate the intended thought and design that went into making this great car.

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
Great interview.

P.S. GS is also my fav Lexy, but I want the new GS F to have murderous performance. I'm not no old Asian driver, I don't need the GS F to make me a better driver. Already Am. Heres to 'Hoping' for a monster GS F V10, k I'll settle for a V8. Manual, like a proper 3 pedals manual. Ok, the 6spd might be a stretch.

Thanks,

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Great interview.

P.S. GS is also my fav Lexy, but I want the new GS F to have murderous performance. I'm not no old Asian driver, I don't need the GS F to make me a better driver. Already Am. Heres to 'Hoping' for a monster GS F V10, k I'll settle for a V8. Manual, like a proper 3 pedals manual. Ok, the 6spd might be a stretch.

Thanks,
I would love to see the LFA engine in the GS F, but the engine alone is $75,000, that would put the GS F at a starting price of over $100,000!

mikeavelli

Reactions
I would love to see the LFA engine in the GS F, but the engine alone is $75,000, that would put the GS F at a starting price of over $100,000!

Exactly...that might be the price of the entire GS F!
The only sedan with a V-10 engine was the E60 M5..which was directly influenced by F1 at the time....we likely will never see that happen again...and honesty makes that generation M5 rather special in regards to the engine..