Ultra White Lexus GS F on Display at Barcelona Auto Show

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-05-07-lexus-gs-f-barcelona-400x200.jpg

An Ultra White Lexus GS F is currently on display at Salón del Automóvil de Barcelona.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Great to see a different color on the car. Pics are a little too res to get nice detailing, but I'm not complaining.

I too want to see this car in Infrared.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Wonder if the production version will have those shiny black outside mirrors with the white paint. Usually, painted mirror-housings take the body-color....except for some quirky packages like the Union-Jack mirrors on the Mini-Cooper.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I cannot wait for this car!

Wonder if the production version will have those shiny black outside mirrors with the white paint. Usually, painted mirror-housings take the body-color....except for some quirky packages like the Union-Jack mirrors on the Mini-Cooper.

As of late black side view mirrors are a growing trend in the industry. I would like to see a carbon fiber option!

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions

As of late black side view mirrors are a growing trend in the industry. I would like to see a carbon fiber option!
That car is all you buddy. Add your touch and it will be perfect.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

Yes...looks-wise, I like the idea of a carbon-fiber option, too, though how well that would hold up to the elements outside remains to be seen.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Since the GSF is in Barcelona, will it run with the bulls?

No offense to just Lexus, but, with the thin sheet metal on most of today's cars, the LAST place you would want to take one is around bulls. :D;)

(BTW, the most noted bull-run is probably the one in Pamplona. People actually get out on the street and run with the bulls....sometimes getting tossed around and hurt. And, if that isn't quirky enough, the same town also has a big tomato-fight each year where everyone pelts each other with thousands of whole tomatoes. Go Figure).o_O

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Is it just me or the headlights different? I think this is the standard headlight with the circular look instead of the triple L-LEDs.

15-05-07-gallery-white-lexus-gs-f-5.jpg

vs

landscape_nrm_1420552959-b32i7729-edit.jpg

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Is it just me or the headlights different? I think this is the standard headlight with the circular look instead of the triple L-LEDs

No, it's not just you, though part of it may be the camera-angle. Nevertheless, I think the headlights and bezel-trim ARE a little different, and, if you look closely, when they used the all-black spindle-grille on the white one, without any chrome-surround trim, the "L" Lexus emblem is noticeably lower on the all-black grille than it is in the black/chrome grille on the blue car. There also seems to be somewhat less fender-overhang on the blue car, forward of the front wheel, than on the white one.

So, I'm with you...think Lexus actually did two different prototypes here, with slightly different exterior tooling/specs, on the two front ends.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow I love it! It makes the details of the car pop so much more in white, versus in blue. I can't wait to see it in other colors!

Come on Lexus, GS F in Atomic Silver, make it happen. Give us fans a big WOW moment :D.

Those taillights continue to grow on me, especially seeing now on a non-blue car. It just look so sinister, yet so Lexus, and so GS.

Reactions
Is it just me or the headlights different? I think this is the standard headlight with the circular look instead of the triple L-LEDs.
You're probably right...those look to be the new standard LEDs rather than the pricier triples, which is what Lexus is doing with the RC and NX.