Car & Driver: Lexus RC F-Sport vs Cadillac ATS Coupe vs Audi S5

Reactions
15-05-07-lexus-rc-f-audi-s5-cadillac-ats-400x200.jpg

Car & Driver has published a comparison test with the Lexus RC 350 F SPORT, Cadillac ATS coupe 3.6, and Audi S5. The results for the RC were not pretty.

View the original article post

Original article: http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...-coupe-36-lexus-rc350-f-sport-comparison-test

Last edited by a moderator:

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Pretty disappointing that Lexus finishes last, generation after generation. Look how far Audi and Caddy have come, and Lexus just lags further and further behind - it's like they don't even bother trying.

mikeavelli

Reactions
To be honest I'm really lost about all this heat the RC and RC F is getting having driven all these cars and not coming to similar conclusions. They scored the RC like it was an awful car which it isn't. Also the IS and GS have been reviewed very favorably and the RC which shares their components suddenly doesn't drive so good? Odd.

Hopefully the new generation of powertrains comes fast, starting with the RC 200t.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
To be honest I'm really lost about all this heat the RC and RC F is getting having driven all these cars and not coming to similar conclusions. They scored the RC like it was an awful car which it isn't. Also the IS and GS have been reviewed very favorably and the RC which shares their components suddenly doesn't drive so good? Odd.

Hopefully the new generation of powertrains comes fast, starting with the RC 200t.

RC is certainly not awful, it's really nice, but... so is a Honda Accord. They need to catch up with the times and try a lot harder.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Sales of the RC probably would be even better if a RC200t was in the lineup right now, since luxury buyers love cheaper options leasing-wise.

You know good point I wonder how much sales will jump with the 200t which will also offer much better MPG. According to Lexus they have already captured 20% of the luxury coupe market so that should grow.

Reactions: CIF