Reactions
Next-Generation Lexus IS F in 2022?

19-01-02-lexus-is-f-next-generation.jpg

A long time to wait.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looks like someone took a flamethrower to a current generation Prius.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
They would definitely need to tune the 3.5L TTV6 (if that is this rumor is true) to have higher output by putting bigger turbos or something like that to be able to compete with the Germans (and Italians now). 416 ponies just ain't enough. Both the Mercedes-AMG C 63s and Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio have over 500hp, and so will the upcoming M3 most likely.

Ray99

Founding Member
Reactions
Maybe Lexus ought to focus on Luxury rather than gunning for sporty. Lexus left that segment open for Genesis to enter, big mistake. It is still not too late for Lexus to make changes.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
While I held out for an RCF sedan/ISF to show up for 2 years so that I could pick up one, I am glad I ended up getting my N/A high-rev V8 RCF afterall.:)

GNS

Follower
Reactions
Last edited:

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
Any rumors for the next-gen IS? It should debut this year (or last year) if it's keeping its refresh pace.

GNS

Follower
Reactions
Have you read the title of this thread, and krew's post with the rumors? :)

I wonder if the guys at Lexus read this forum too, hmm. And if they are, they should know that a twin turbo V6 is the only option for replacing the 2GR-FKS in the IS350. hint hint.

GNS

Follower
Reactions
This render is vile. However the insider information I would say is on the right track for Lexus' future, except for a mid-range model.

You think that the info on the mid-range model (ie. the 340i / S4 / C43 competitor) that article might be wrong? Just trying to clarify my understanding here, I'm interested in the 4th gen IS only if there is something like the M340i, S4, C43, G70, Q50 in the Lexus lineup.

joepac

Fan
Reactions
My dream 4IS lineup:

Entry level: Is300/IS240T -either the current model with some engine tweaks like a modest 5-10 hp bump in power or that 240T with around 280hp. (don't really care as I don't usually buy this model )

Midlevel: IS350-with this TTV6 detuned to say 390hp to maybe 400hp

Top level F model TTV6 making 500hp.

I would definitely buy the F.

I know dreaming but I think this is possible. With Lexus though we'll be lucky to get an F model at all.