What do you think about a Lexus Pickup Truck?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

What do you think about a Lexus Pickup Truck?
18-08-14-lexus-lt-pickup-truck.jpg

Cool idea, will never happen.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I don't know whether it will happen, but I know it follows The Principle of Technicals: given sufficient time any Toyota-made pick-up truck will appear on the news carrying machine guns (maybe tank turrets) and painted with extremist symbols.

Sabelo

Fan
Reactions
Im not hating it, the idea of it is quite bizarre yet interesting. At the end of it all, Why Not? lol

LexiF

Fan
Reactions
That is an awesome looking pick up! It makes the X-class look cheap! (even though it’s a Nissan which is basically a Renault ) What a mean looking pick up but in the end won’t happen...what a shame.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm totally for this. This has come up a few times (even on ClubLexus) and I've always supported the idea.

I would love to see the Tundra, Tacoma and Hilux based version of a Lexus pickup truck. Lexus please bring it on...

TX 570 or LT 570 Fullsize (Tundra based) - 3UR-FE, V8
TX 350 or RT 350 Midsize (Tacoma based) - 2GR-FKS, V6
TX 270 or IT 270 Compact (Hilux based) - 2TR-FE, I4

Last edited:

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Interesting indeed. Toyota certainly makes the best pickup trucks..

Yes Toyota does make one of the best pickup trucks. In the U.S. Ford canceled the Ford Ranger (Ranger is still sold outside of U.S.). Currently the Tacoma and Colorado are the top mid-size pickup trucks.

As for the Tundra it's got it's work cut out for itself competing with the Ford F Series which is the best selling full size pickup truck. Toyota needs to expand the Tundra with HD versions, diesel, etc.

Lexus should explore the idea of bringing Lexus pickup trucks to the world. If done right and executed well I think it would be a hit. I can imagine a supercharged Tundra based Lexus (LT 570) pushing 450+ hp. Lexus please build it now and take my money...or just make a limited production run and I'll be one of the first to buy a Lexus pickup and keep it forever...

Last edited:

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
I'm of the opinion that trucks should be work vehicles, not luxury vehicles. Now, if anyone wants to spend their money on a Lexus pickup, I won't stop you, but I may laugh a bit just like I laughed at the Lincoln LTZ and Cadillac Escalade pickups.

S10

Reactions
Why not a Rolls Royce Pick-Up truck, or a Lamborghini version. I'm sure that there is a market for that too.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The Cadillac Escalade EXT pickup was very gaudy and the Lincoln LT pickup was a poseur. I think Lexus can execute a luxury pickup right from the start.

That Rolls Royce pickup looks awesome...a $300K ultra luxury pickup truck would be mind blowing but let's work on luxury pickups first then ultra luxury pickups.

If we go with the premise that all pickups should only be work trucks then all sedans should be boring four door cars that move people from point A to point B and there shouldn't be luxury sedans...all SUV's should be people movers or soccer mom's vehicle and there shouldn't be luxury SUV's or luxury CUV's...all coupe's should be two door cars that move less people from point A to point B...etc

TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
OK, that Rolls truck is just a fan rendering and I think it looks awesome, if silly.

Seriously, though, I just don't see the appeal of driving a truck all the time. If I were to buy a new truck, I'd be looking at the stripped out work trucks first because of the generally lower cost and more durable interiors. I wouldn't be driving it all the time so I wouldn't mind a low-rent interior. I've driven quite a few cheap beaters in my time. Y'all should have seen my clapped out and stripped out 3rd gen Camry DX, haha. It just wouldn't die until I tried to drive it overloaded cross country through the hills when the differential gear shattered. Had I the time and money to put a new transaxle in, it probably would have been good for another 50-100k miles.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
this was talked about few years back, and Lexus came out and said it will never happen... so it will never happen.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
When the LF-LC came out it was a design study and no way was it ever going into production but it was well received and corporate gave it the green light. I think Lexus should bring out an LF-LT say to the Los Angeles, Texas and Detroit autoshows and see how it will be received. I would love to see a luxury pickup truck be part of the Lexus line up. Never say never...:yum

LS 500/500h - Luxury Sedan
LC 500/500h - Luxury Coupe
LQ 500/500h - Luxury Qrossover
LX 570 - Luxury SUV
LT 570 - Luxury Pickup Truck

Last edited:
Reactions
When the LF-LC came out it was a design study and no way was it ever going into production but it was well received and corporate gave it the green light. I think Lexus should bring out an LF-LT say to the Los Angeles, Texas and Detroit autoshows and see how it will be received. I would love to see a luxury pickup truck be part of the Lexus line up. Never say never...:yum

LS 500/500h - Luxury Sedan
LC 500/500h - Luxury Coupe
LQ 500/500h - Luxury Qrossover
LX 570 - Luxury SUV
LT 570 - Luxury Pickup Truck

Oof, I feel like adding the LT model is simply pushing it. It isn't like they milked enough out of the flagship lineup. Four seems perfect to me. Though I can see why five can occur because they can chop the rear end of an LX and add a flatbed or cut the back end sideways in half to make a pickup bed already and make a new model already.

I also want to mention that the LX is unlike any luxury SUV in the world. The only exception being the Geländewagen, which is it's main competitor.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Oof, I feel like adding the LT model is simply pushing it. It isn't like they milked enough out of the flagship lineup. Four seems perfect to me. Though I can see why five can occur because they can chop the rear end of an LX and add a flatbed or cut the back end sideways in half to make a pickup bed already and make a new model already.

I also want to mention that the LX is unlike any luxury SUV in the world. The only exception being the Geländewagen, which is it's main competitor.

The LT 570 would be based off the Toyota Tundra not the LX 570. Similarly how the Cadillac Escalade EXT pickup was based off the Chevrolet Avalanche and the Lincoln LT pickup was based off the Ford F-150.