Live Photos of the Updated 2016 Lexus ES

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-21-lexus-es-2016-update-live-photos-400x200.jpg

Time for some photos of the updated 2016 Lexus ES live from the Shanghai auto show floor.
View the original article post

Reactions: CIF

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The refresh is actually a little more subtle than I thought - a good thing, overall!

Travis

Fan
Reactions
Looks better more classy.

But I still wish Lexus would give the ES bigger and wider wheels to compliment the design. The small and skinny wheels don't compliment the car at all.

Ray99

Founding Member
Reactions
I love the updated design. Lexus keeps it elegant and luxurious. That's the right direction for ES and LS.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Looking elegant! I was hoping to see some interior live pics, but we should get those soon enough.

PaulA

Premium Member
Reactions
I love my 2013 ES350 and am glad to see Lexus continue the beautiful lines, but the exploded grill is just plain bad. It's proportions compared to the rest of the cars flowing lines are just too big. It looks like the mouth of a Humpback whale. But as I said before, Overall, I love what the designers have done.

Paul
Lexus Owners Club
North America

RAL

Reactions
I love my 2013 ES350 and am glad to see Lexus continue the beautiful lines, but the exploded grill is just plain bad. It's proportions compared to the rest of the cars flowing lines are just too big. It looks like the mouth of a Humpback whale. But as I said before, Overall, I love what the designers have done.

Paul
Lexus Owners Club
North America
Agreed. The front fascia and (to a somewhat lesser extent) the rear fascia seem too demonstrative compared to the relatively simple side profiles. It probably wouldn't have been practical, but I kind of wish Lexus had gone ahead with a total redesign 3 years early like the Camry. The sides need more expression now. Flamboyance front and rear, but not from the side. Even the Avalon has more pronounced side profile styling.

Interior is better, but still disappointing. The dash still looks too plastic especially around the air vents and generally lacks the classic simplicity found in the GS.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
The grille is ridiculous, but the rest of the car looks pretty good...arguably the best styling in its class, though, of course, looks are objective.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Looking elegant! I was hoping to see some interior live pics, but we should get those soon enough.

This is the only picture I could find on the 2016 ES interior, and I can't guarantee its accuracy.

2016-Lexus-ES-350-interior.jpg

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Agreed. The front fascia and (to a somewhat lesser extent) the rear fascia seem too demonstrative compared to the relatively simple side profiles. It probably wouldn't have been practical, but I kind of wish Lexus had gone ahead with a total redesign 3 years early like the Camry. The sides need more expression now. Flamboyance front and rear, but not from the side. Even the Avalon has more pronounced side profile styling.

Interior is better, but still disappointing. The dash still looks too plastic especially around the air vents and generally lacks the classic simplicity found in the GS.

Except, the Camry was not a total redesign ;). It was simply a major refresh, similar to the 2013 LS refresh (although the Camry's interior updates were significantly less).
This is the only picture I could find on the 2016 ES interior, and I can't guarantee its accuracy.

2016-Lexus-ES-350-interior.jpg

Yeah that's the current ES interior, not the new 2016 one. We've seen studio pics of the new interior from Lexus PR, but have yet to see real-world live pics.

Tinhinnh

Follower
Reactions

Well, the ES is Lexus' entry-level luxury sedan - can't have it all. The GS' starting price is 10G more than the ES.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
CIF said:
Yeah that's the current ES interior, not the new 2016 one. We've seen studio pics of the new interior from Lexus PR, but have yet to see real-world live pics.

Yes, Thanks.......it looked a little suspicious to me, too. But, Google Images labelled it a 2016. ...that's why I added the disclaimer. Google isn't always careful how they label things.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
CIF said:

They won't let you post them? Or are you just referring to old-fashioned film/camera shots, not images that can be electronically uploaded?

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
They won't let you post them? Or are you just referring to old-fashioned film/camera shots, not images that can be electronically uploaded?

I'm just referring to the style of shots released officially from Lexus.