Lexus Considers Hybrid & Full Electric Powertrains for Next-Gen Performance Models

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus Considers Hybrid & Full Electric Powertrains for Next-Gen Performance Models

18-07-16-lexus-lc-f-rendering.jpg

All options are on the table.
View the original article post

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
TTV8 or TTV6+Hybrid?

I would maybe prefer the later. Anything over 1800 kg is not lightweight for a car (unless a SUV), so why not profit from electric torque? The car will also be better balanced as we see with LC 500 vs LC 500h.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I think there's more performance to get out of the existing LC hybrid, if they get someone to properly tune the software. A larger battery would help too, I'm sure.

GTG

Fan
Reactions
Let’s pray . Hummmmmm !!! God please send this as fast as possible ! Amen .

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
May be the hybrid V8TT I have told that it will be matters and I even wrote it here

GTG

Fan
Reactions
Make it and it will be bought . For 130 Tops no let’s not ask for anything over 150 that would be a bus.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I can't help but question how a LC-F could receive a hybrid drivetrain. The torque from a forced induction V8 AND an electric motor=misery for the rear wheels. Adding a motor to RWD is simply asking for trouble.

A traditional AWD setup would be very complicated and heavy. And being a front-engine vehicle there is no space to add through-the-road AWD. The whole point about hybrid AWD is the front motor(s) pulling the car straight allowing a much earlier corner exit, that's why LMP1-H is so fast. The only good way to utilize THS-R is Lexus building a mid-engine car.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Just the new forced induction V8 alone is going to bring hell to the rear tyres of the LC-F.

A through the road AWD system is suitable for the rear axle of an FF layout and the front axle of MR and RR layout. It's technically possible for the front axle of an FR layout but it wouldn't be an optimal choice, as you will need to use tiny little in-wheel electric motors for each front wheel, which generates hardly any power to help the car accelerate quickly out of the corners, plus it increases unsprung mass of the front suspension.
See the Denso SARD Supra HV-R.

Will1991

Reactions
Finally, some definitive news regarding Toyota's BEV's! :praise:

It seems like it will not be solid state batteries, and let's hope the 50% beyond current HV's is near Tesla's.