No Immediate Plans for a Lexus LF-SA Production City Car

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-16-lexus-lf-sa-concept-400x200.jpg

According to Green Car Reports interview with Lexus International executive vice-president Mark Templin, there are no current plans to build a Lexus city car based on the LF-SA concept.
View the original article post

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Since it was mentioned, I cannot wait to see the production LC/SC. How much longer? This is off topic but if they bring a production version of the LF-C2, I would consider trading my RC. The IS C is hideous, but if they keep the C2 close to concept I'm in.

Stefan

Founding Member
Reactions
I actually like the concept LF-SA and probability would drive the car. I can see it as their full electric car.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus should try to move higher. Let Toyota brand do that kind of vehicles.

I don't think the size of the vehicle necessarily dictates how luxurious/Lexus-like it can be. No matter our personal preferences, markets around the world are moving to smaller and smaller vehicles. They're just plain easier to drive.

Reactions
I don't think the size of the vehicle necessarily dictates how luxurious/Lexus-like it can be. No matter our personal preferences, markets around the world are moving to smaller and smaller vehicles. They're just plain easier to drive.
Sorry, Mod. I cannot agree with you on this at all.

All successful vehicles in their classes (3/C, S/7, GLC, X5, RX/ES) are growing in size when new designs come out. It is just a matter of more or less. Any brand will face the question from the customers why should pay more money for less size. In reality, they mostly avoid this question.

Around the world, things are getting complicated. Size of people, living standards, price for new vehicle......the real truth is that very few markets outside North America can afford the big nice luxury vehicles. Small vehicle is not really easier to drive, but, people have to make more compromise to live with.

When the vehicle is getting smaller, it will be cheaper. Materials and manpower have to be cut to generate decent profit. It will water down the brand of Lexus.
So glad to hear Lexus' making the right decision on it.