Lexus President Sawa Discusses Future of the Brand

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Lexus President Sawa Discusses Future of the Brand
18-04-15-lexus-ls-plus-concept.jpg

President Yoshihiro Sawa in a far-ranging interview.
View the original article post

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
This ties into Lexus’ recent lifestyle initiatives like the Lexus Intersect hubs at major global cities, Lexus yacht, bikes, watches, and even the slogan “Experience Amazing.” The subscription model of the UX is the natural next step for this before it rolls out for the full Lexus lineup.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Only hope there will be some models to be exclusive for sale

Not all the lineup be in subscription mode

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
I really like that idea of a "lifestyle". I walked into a lexus dealership for the first time the other week. Finally I am within reach of such fabulous machines and by golly. Was the place so much nicer than even the nicest Toyota dealer I've been to. I didn't even know if the cakes were for sale or for free...I was offered orange juice! I've actually asked for that at a Toyota dealer and they said that they had to pay for orange juice so sorry it was either water or tea or coffee...
That's the thing though. If they could extend the encore experience beyond just car ownership; to say discounted rentals/travel discounts/conveniences beyond just owning a car then they would be on a winner.
On the flip side though; it's also important to no dilute the brand and keep building great cars.