Reactions
Lexus UX Rear Light Bar to Become "New Lexus Signature Feature"

18-03-22-lexus-ux-light-bar-taillights.jpg

Soon to be on other models?
View the original article post

Last edited:

RAL

Reactions
Functional and attractive ... especially like the tapering LEDs toward the center. We dubbed the front grille "spindle" ... what shall we dub these? ... "winglets"

Axel

Fan
Reactions
These just something about this design of this car that don't gell. Lexus started their design with a very good concept of L-finess today they took the L-finess and messed it with all these bulging curves. Spindle grill contridict L-finess. Though lexus cars now are identifiable they have lost their road presence. The spindle grill does not make these cars sexy or pretty but more identifiaide, it not worth it. Secondly lexus have not till this day found a way to make the spindle grill into something we love, adore, admire and respect. The spindle grill on a camry works, lexus should also not stop and keep looking for something that works. This grill needs to be cut into half like in the Camry

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
These just something about this design of this car that don't gell. Lexus started their design with a very good concept of L-finess today they took the L-finess and messed it with all these bulging curves. Spindle grill contridict L-finess. Though lexus cars now are identifiable they have lost their road presence. The spindle grill does not make these cars sexy or pretty but more identifiaide, it not worth it. Secondly lexus have not till this day found a way to make the spindle grill into something we love, adore, admire and respect. The spindle grill on a camry works, lexus should also not stop and keep looking for something that works. This grill needs to be cut into half like in the Camry

x17-05-02-lexus-lc-500-lc-500h.jpg.pagespeed.ic.beyW0TvTEl.jpg

This isn't "sexy or pretty" to you?

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
Will the signature detail be that the light signature is actually continuous, unlike all other designs where there are visible gaps at the edges of the trunks? I was not there at Geneve, so I didn't see it in person. Can someone else confirm this?

Otherwise, it is just a modern design feature like the floating C-pillar, solid LED strips, animated turn signals, etc.

Reactions
It is sexy and pretty but here too spindle grill takes from the looks rather then enhance the looks

Yeah, uh huh. You do realize that sales shot through the roof because of the L-Finesse design language and the introduction of the spindle grille? Clearly it is getting sales and it is clear that people are responding to Lexus as a whole. Just do a little digging in the web, and you'll see.

Lexus has become an aspirational brand. Lexus cars are and feel special (except the ES and NX :mad:). Just when you think you cannot sell enough RX's in the past generation, with the introduction of the spindle grille I see way too many of these.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Good examples shown, and some are done better than others (including UX, 911, A8, A7)

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Yeah, uh huh. You do realize that sales shot through the roof because of the L-Finesse design language and the introduction of the spindle grille? Clearly it is getting sales and it is clear that people are responding to Lexus as a whole. Just do a little digging in the web, and you'll see.

Lexus has become an aspirational brand. Lexus cars are and feel special (except the ES and NX :mad:). Just when you think you cannot sell enough RX's in the past generation, with the introduction of the spindle grille I see way too many of these.

F-Sport sales speak for themselves, people like the more aggressive look. Although its fine, many people only see the world through their own lens, few people can look from a market and business perspective.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I like the implementation in both Avalon and more wild one in UX... maybe in some other car, I will have different opinion.

To me it feels like replacement for their chromed pieces at the back, that they have used for a long time in many of their luxury vehicles, connecting tails/trunk.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
x17-05-02-lexus-lc-500-lc-500h.jpg.pagespeed.ic.beyW0TvTEl.jpg

This isn't "sexy or pretty" to you?
I agree this spindle grille is crazy needs to be toned down drastically - especially the slatted variety on the RX looks ridiculous to my mind. The slatted grille should just be scrapped altogether at least te mesh looks a little better but agree Lexus need to do better than this.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I believe this type of taillight will eventually make its way to all vehicles -- there's a functional safety component to it as well with improved brake visibility. I don't know if it's a fad as much as an evolution.