Administrator
Reactions
Lexus Celebrates Owners with New Commercial

18-03-08-lexus-usa-origami.jpg

Letters of appreciation.
View the original article post

Last edited:
Reactions
Holy god. Okay. Three things to take away from this commercial.

1. Tears welled up in my eyes.
2. What a great example of showing appreciation to the customers, because without acknowledging their beloved and LOYAL customers, there wouldn't be the Lexus we know today.
3. This video is pure evidence that Lexus puts so much passion into every detail ever, just everything about it, from the letters to the display, just shows an individual everything of what Lexus is all about.

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I love everything about this commercial, including the return of the Takumi craftsmen and the unexpected logo reveal at the end (krew's preview image gives that moment away; I was lucky enough to see the ad minutes after Lexus posted it on YouTube and go in "unspoiled"). Great work by Lexus marketing!

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Incredible. I don't believe any other brand has recently done something like this. They fully integrated the whole meaning in 60 seconds... not only are the cars great, the service is even better, which in turn makes the customer that much more compelled to stay loyal to the brand.

Reactions
Wow.. what an incredible company we work for! What a fantastic display of attention to detail that not only Lexus takes with each customer, but a great demonstration of how far sincere attention goes! Bravo!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
This is why I love this company so much. They have their faults for sure but as a company they treat you so well. Since my mum and Dad brought home our First Lexus when I was 14 to my wife’s NX and my GS couldn’t be happier driving any other brand. Proud to be a Lexus owner.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I don't think this is just a random silhouette. Note the likely RWD platform from the long hood and front wheels pushed forward well past the windshield base. Add the short rear higher deck, almost fastback-like. Wishfully thinking, 5GS?

Screenshot_20180311-213259.png

Reactions
LOL! Isn't it ironic when I saw the photo in your post...... I thought of the same thing too? I do think that it could be a possibility.

However, and I hope my observation isn't true, but when you look towards the bottom of the car, there is a long and a narrow gap, similar to the katana blade design element that they added in the LS. Could the GS have that design element too? Until then, the realist in me believes that this is the 5LS.

P.S: Lexus you better build that GS :mad:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Yeah, I just saw it as a 5LS.

If you want a new GS, get about 10,000 people to buy one this year :)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I don't think this is just a random silhouette. Note the likely RWD platform from the long hood and front wheels pushed forward well past the windshield base. Add the short rear higher deck, almost fastback-like. Wishfully thinking, 5GS?

I also just assumed it was the LS due to the katana blade along the bottom of the "doors". I would love Lexus to tease the GS in such a form, but seems unlikely.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
LOL! Isn't it ironic when I saw the photo in your post...... I thought of the same thing too? I do think that it could be a possibility.

However, and I hope my observation isn't true, but when you look towards the bottom of the car, there is a long and a narrow gap, similar to the katana blade design element that they added in the LS. Could the GS have that design element too? Until then, the realist in me believes that this is the 5LS.

P.S: Lexus you better build that GS :mad:

I also just assumed it was the LS due to the katana blade along the bottom of the "doors". I would love Lexus to tease the GS in such a form, but seems unlikely.

Well folks, here's a better depiction on why I never saw the silhouette as the 5LS.

Look closely and the RWD proportions speak to a near fastback rear design at ~194" in length with a ~115" wheelbase (12" & 8" shorter than the 5LS' measurements respectively). This is very much in line with what to expect in a next gen GS! :pray::yum

GS_LS.jpg

RAL

Reactions
Thanks corradoMR2 for restoring a bit of hope ... a FWD (hopefully AWD) ES F Sport ... just isn't gonna cut it.
@Carmaker1 ... do your sources have a clue as to when we will know something one way or the other?
I spoke to a somewhat dubious source yesterday who was skeptical about a next generation GS.